I am new at Scrapbooking :)

RAC

Mouseketeer
Hi, I need some pointers on how to get started on my Disney Cruise Scrapbook. We were on the May 12, 2001 Magic and I have all my pictures, post cards, and Navigators. I am just not to creative. Any tips or advise would be great.
Thanks, RAC :)

Rac-welcome to scrapping! First of all, I don't think you have to be creative to be a good scrapper. I look at idea books and pages posted on the web and use them in my book. I am really great at copying other people's ideas! So, my suggestions to help you get started are as follows:

1.) Find a Creative Memories consultant in your area (go to www.creativememories.com and use the consultant locator). You could request that she have a one-on-one with you to help you get started. Then you could always attend her workshops to help keep you going.

2.) Go to the local scrapbook store and see if they can get you started. You can also attend their workshops.

3.) Go to a Michaels or some other craft store and pick up some idea books/magazines.

Once you get started you'll be fine. HTH and if you have any questions, let me know!

There's a super guide to getting started on Graceful Bee

Newbees Guide

It explains about choosing an album, acid-free products, journaling and layouts. I printed it out and referred to it quite often at first.

I also took a look at some of the scrapbooks of people on here (check out the links in people's messages)
and there's ton's of info on the web.
I quite like , DMarie Two Peas in a Bucket and for Disney stuff Mouse Memories or Hot off the Press

Bev

RAC,

I too am working on my Disney cruise album. Mine was also in May but May of 2000.

My best pointer to you is develop your own style. It takes a few pages to “get your eye” as I call it.

I don’t work in order. I feel it confines me. When I get an idea I go with it. I don’t work directly on the page in my album. I always use a separate background paper. I slip it under the page protector and when the album is finished I can rearrange everything.

I also start with the pictures. Decide which pictures will tell a story together. Look for colors or shapes in the pictures to tie them together.

I hope this helps you get started.

Chessie

My first scrapbook was a WDW trip.....I started by dividing my photos by subject and day (my album is semi-chronological).....arrival, our hotel, different things in each park, parades, character meals, etc....

That gave me my basic order for my album. I did write a list of pages I wanted to do in the order I wanted them....like this
Arrival/WDW gates
Wyndham
Playmobil
Race Rock
Polynesian
Main Street USA
Cinderella Castle
Adventureland
Breakfast with Pooh

you get the idea.....some of the subjects above were just one page and some were several pages....and there were lots more subjects.

If you are intimidated by starting on your cruise pics, grab some old pics you're not really worried about and do your first pages using those. It's a confidence booster.

You have been given lots of great advice! One more thing...don't forget to work your memoribilia into your pages. I'm terrible at forgetting to do this...then the memoribilia ends up homeless.

Most of all, Have Fun!

Thanks Everyone for the Great advise! I am going to try to find a local creative memory representive in my area today. I hope someone will have some workshops going on. Keep the Great advise coming! RAC :)

I also use the paper piecing technique with Disney pages. I get a group of photos that have a Pooh theme and then I look in storybooks or coloring books for a picture that would work. (Stick with simple shapes to begin with, Pooh is a good choice!) I then use my scanner or go to Kinkos to resize the picure to the size I need. I use this "pattern" to cut different pieces from paper and glue them down. I use pen work to finish the design.

This is not a technique you would want to use on all your pages, but it can be very rewarding. I also went on a Disney cruise this spring and I purchased a coloring book on board. This had perfect designs for some of the pages I have planned. It is less expensive than stickers and everyone asks where you got the cool die cuts.

Let me know if I can help.
Melissa

Hi There, Just wanted to let you all know I am going to my first "Crop till you drop" workshops this Friday night. I can't wait!! My mousememories stuff should be here by Tues. I will let you all know how it goes. Thanks for all of your help. RAC :)

Have fun at the CTYD! I just did one Saturday and it was great....but the time flew as I could only do half the day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter