• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I am never riding Space Mountain again! A Marathon Weekend TR Complete

rteetz

DIS Veteran
Welcome everyone!

My name is Ryan and I will be your host for this Trip Report and no not your ghost host! I am 17 and a senior in high school and will be pursuing engineering in college. We are from the Cheesy, cold, snowy (currently) state of Wisconsin. I am a huge Disney fan just like most of us here. My first trip was when I was 8 months old (Don't ask me anything about it because I don't know). I write article for the DIS occasionally as well those are in my signature.

20150109_125545148_iOS.jpg

(photo from marathon weekend 2015)

This is my third Disney Trip report, 8th Disney trip altogether, and second marathon weekend adventure.

My favorite park: changes between AK and MK
My favorite ride: BTMRR
My favorite show: FOTLK
My favorite
nighttime spectacular: Illuminations

I have a few more character joining me on this trip.

My sister Jordan is in 8th grade and loves basketball. She is a girly girl at heart though.

IMG_2086.JPG

My younger sister Sydnee is in 4th grade and just loves being a kid. She always puts a smile on all of our faces.

Next up are my Grandma Dorothy and her sister Judy. My Grandpa doesn't fly and got to enjoy some quiet time away from my grandma while she was on this trip. We decided to invite my Grandma's sister Judy to join us as she recently retired and likes to travel. My Grandma hasn't been to Disney since 1987 when she took my dad. I don't know when the last time Judy was there though.

IMG_2075.JPG

Our purpose for this trip was for the granddaddy of them all for runDisney events. Marathon Weekend. It really should be called Marathon week with the expo starting on Wednesday and events going through Sunday.

Our trip dates: 1/5/2016 to 1/11/2016

Our Resort: Beach Club with club level access

Ticket option: 5-day Park Hopper

Disney Regular Dining Plan

Without any further nonsense Lets get started!

Table of Contents!
Click on the title of each update for a direct link to that update.

1/5/16

1. Arrival Day
Arrival Day Pt. 2
3. Arrival Day Pt. 3

1/6/16
1. Were already running behind my itinerary and every volunteer does something different!
Short Update due to technical difficulties
3. Its a Star Wars/Osborne Studios!
4. I am in awe... Part one
5. I am in awe... Part two
I guess it was a longer walk than I thought... Part one
7. I guess it was a longer walk than I thought... Part two
8. I guess it was a longer walk than I thought... Part three

1/7/16
1. Get up you have a 5K to run!
2. A short morning in the Magic Kingdom
A short morning in the Magic Kingdom Part two
4. Hey! Look thats...
5. Heigh Ho Heigh Ho its off to Be Our Guest we go
6. Heigh Ho Heigh Ho its off to Be Our Guest we go Part two
Heigh Ho Heigh Ho its off to Be Our Guest we go Part three
8. Heigh Ho Heigh Ho its off to Be Our Guest we go Part four

The Forgotten Be Our Guest Photos...
9. We get blocked by a parade and you are standing behind a tree!
10. We get blocked by a parade and you are standing behind a tree! Part two
11. It doesn't get much better than this.
12. It doesn't get much better than this. Part two
13. It doesn't get much better than this. Part three

1/8/16

1. Its a rainy morning at AK.
2. The rain finally stops!
3. Look how close that bird is!
4. Look how close that bird is! Part two
5. Its the Circle of Life!
6. Its the Circle of Life! Part two
7. Its the Circle of Life! Part three
8. We're stuck on the Savanna!
9. We're stuck on the Savanna! Part two
10. Not enough time at the Springs

1/9/16
1. My First Half Marathon!
2. Mile 3 and more!
3. Halfway to the finish!
4. I have to show off my medal!

5. Grandma try the Beverly...
6. Grandma try the Beverly... Part two
7. Fish are friends not food!
8. Fish are friends not food! Part two
9. Los Tres Amigos!
Breaking News!
11. Hey look at that!
The rain never bothered me anyway

1/10/16
1. Disney characters get sick?
2. A Country Bear, Jingle Cruise, Mansion, pirates, speedway and more kind of day!

3. A Country Bear, Jingle Cruise, Mansion, pirates, speedway and more kind of day! Part two
4. Its a Festivaaallll of Fantasyyyyyyy!
5. Its a Festivaaallll of Fantasyyyyyyy! Part Two
6. Its a Festivaaallll of Fantasyyyyyyy! Part Three
7. Its a Festivaaallll of Fantasyyyyyyy! Part Four
8. One last night at Disney...
9. One last night at Disney...

1/11/16

1. We get some Disney on departure day

1. Final Thoughts...

Last edited:
#1 to chime in? Hmm How did that happen? MIGHT have to remove myself from lurker status now! Look what you have done!Can't wait to hear how everything turned out!

It was great seeing you on Friday morning - thanks for coming out to cheer!
I'm really looking forward to reading all about your trip and your first half marathon experience!

#1 to chime in? Hmm How did that happen? MIGHT have to remove myself from lurker status now! Look what you have done!Can't wait to hear how everything turned out!

Thanks for following along! I can't wait to share it all.

It was great seeing you on Friday morning - thanks for coming out to cheer!
I'm really looking forward to reading all about your trip and your first half marathon experience!

It was great seeing you too! I surprisingly saw a good amount of people I knew but you were the only one I talked to.

Gonna sneak on in here to see how your marathon weekend went!!!

Thanks for following!

I'm looking forward to reading about how everything went!

Thanks for following!

Man I bet that flight home and the wind chill that came when you got home was a real bone chiller. I am about three hours south of Wisconsin in the flatlands of Illinois so I know what you are going through. Will follow along as you get this baby started.

Man I bet that flight home and the wind chill that came when you got home was a real bone chiller. I am about three hours south of Wisconsin in the flatlands of Illinois so I know what you are going through. Will follow along as you get this baby started.
Thanks for following along! Yes coming back to the cold was not as fun as leaving it. I hope to get update #1 done tonight.

Following along too. I didn't realize that you were going to major in engineering. Which discipline? DH and I are Electrical Engineers. BIL is a Mechanical Engineer, and FIL is also an engineer.

Following along...going for my first RunDisney in April!
Thanks for following along! Good luck!

Following along too. Nice start!

Thanks for following along!

Joining in and can't wait to hear all about your run. Congratulations!!

Thanks for following along!

Following along too. I didn't realize that you were going to major in engineering. Which discipline? DH and I are Electrical Engineers. BIL is a Mechanical Engineer, and FIL is also an engineer.

Thanks for following along! I am kind of between Civil or Industrial engineering leaning towards civil.

Thanks for following along! I am kind of between Civil or Industrial engineering leaning towards civil.

Cool. What are thinking that you want to do with the degree? Both of those can actually do a wide variety of things, as can many engineering degrees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter