I am going to apologize now.... TRIP REPORT OKW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your reply. I agree. But he was extremely upset. We do not know his circumstances. I believe more diplomacy needs to be used on these boards. As you know I am new and I cannot understand why there is so much anger and aggression. It is embarrassing! We would all love to hear that all the experiences were stellar, but when there not people do not want to hear them. I wonder why? It will only make Disney that much more magical.
When I was checking out at SSR a CM was talking to another member and I heard her reply if you do not tell us we can't change it! Am I out of th box hear? Thanks again!:

Welcome to the DIS boards! While there are definitely heated threads here and there, the majority are positive--even when we disagree, we mostly keep things above-board.

Here are the hot topics that can get ugly in a hurry--

commercial renting
resort bashing (as was considered to be the case with this thread)
cramming more people than the allowed number into a villa (occupancy)
taking pool towels back to your room

Hmmmm....I am sure there are some I am forgetting....but the first two on the list are the most common.

Keep posting! :goodvibes

Well again we are all here just to voice our thoughts.. The OP was just venting and offering a voice to all that have not been to OKW so I am just taking it all in. PC I agree with you hands down on every great and well thought out opinion you have stated as well as others. Lets just remember we are all just here to take in the info and form our own judgment call as we all can take the info that has been provided and make a well informed decision about our future plans for vacations.:cool2:

Again thanks!! I feel exactly the same way!

Other than that we had a great time but if I didn't would you come back and say that I did not have a good time because I have a special needs child and a toddler traveling on the 4th was not a good idea.

To be perfectly honest, I probably would say that. Anytime you have heavy crowds...there's going to be some slightly difficult situations. That being said, I'm very happy to hear you had a great time and wish OP would have experienced the same.

BroganMc....
I guess I interpreted what starbox said a little differently. I went by this statement they made mostly :
starbox : there is always an almost unanimous chorus of "OKW for the space" - well, yes if you are wanting a "home away from home" and are planning to spend alot of family reunion downtime hanging and eating in your room. No if you are going to be hitting the parks all day and won't touch the kitchen.
I just don't see why OKW is not a good choice for someone who hits the parks all day ? We do and love staying at OKW. For us, OKW is a place to have a fun family vacation and this includes alot of time in the parks. Yet starbox says "no if you are going to be hitting the parks all day".
So to starbox, sorry if I read something into your above statement that wasn't there. I still do disagree with the line in your quote that I have made bold type. No hard feelings starbox.....just a healhty difference of opinion between us.

BroganMc....
I guess I interpreted what starbox said a little differently. I went by this statement they made mostly :

Yet starbox says "no if you are going to be hitting the parks all day".

Yes, starbox did say that. Ok, I can see how you read it that way. I guess I was just interpreting it in context of what starbox generally says. Or maybe it's just my warped mind of how resort classifications work in reality.

After all, I wouldn't say (or assume anyone absolutely believes) that if one wants a vacation to chiefly revolve around pool time that they would only be happy at BCV. But I can still see the BCV pool being a chief draw for that resort over another.

OT: Is this thread officially dead now? I do wish we had learned more about that bus fight. In combination with the other stories about DTD, it makes me concerned for the area. I've never known DTD to be bad, even late night in PI. But all the press lately has been unusually ugly.

Anyone else here smell a troll.....???

That was the first thing I thought of when I read the first post. It sure has made for some entertaining reading, however.

BTW - I am a BWV owner who happens to love OKW and have stayed there several times.

That was the first thing I thought of when I read the first post. It sure has made for some entertaining reading, however.

I thought the same thing. We have some great bus stories, and heard some from other guests. It all boils down to the fact that there are other people on this planet besides us, and we are forced to run into them on WDW buses on occasion. It's the real world folks.

BroganMc :After all, I wouldn't say (or assume anyone absolutely believes) that if one wants a vacation to chiefly revolve around pool time that they would only be happy at BCV. But I can still see the BCV pool being a chief draw for that resort over another.
Sure...I can agree. BCV is probably one of the main choices for some who wish to spend alot of pool time on their vacation. BWV is a good choice for those who spend alot of time at Epcot. OKW is good for larger family groups/reunions. But to say any of these resorts is good only for that, is where I have an issue. OKW is just as good for park hopping as any other resort. That was my only contention. Thanks for seeing a little bit where I was coming from BroganMc.

BroganMc :In combination with the other stories about DTD, it makes me concerned for the area.
I have reservations about some of the crowds there as well. I wonder what time of day that fight was ? We much prefer to take the boat back to OKW from DD, but I wonder if the OP was leaving DD past the time when the boat runs which would make it later so he had to resort to the bus.

About 2 years ago, dh and myself were leaving DD/PI area around 1 am with some friends of ours. There was a group of about 4-5 young adults (all male) obviously drunk and very rowdy in the parking lot. They started smashing glass (I'm assuming beer) bottles in the parking lot while laughing and yelling out foul language. We prefer to be out of the DD area by 11 pm because we prefer the boat back to OKW. So I have no idea what time the OP was on that bus or if he even was aware of the boat that he could have taken back to the resort. I say this because I'm still not so sure he did enough homework on OKW or DVC in general. But that's straying....

This past Feb, we went to the DD AMC theater on a Saturday night (2/24). We had missed the earlier show and caught a later one (around 10 pm). Kind of sorry we did that as well. It was a bit of a younger/rough crowd there. Not sure if they were locals or not. But the "F" word was getting tossed around alot as we stood in line to purchase tickets and I'm standing there with my teen girls (13 and 15 at the time). These older teens/early 20's kids looked to be enjoying the fact that they were doing this and knew they were making people uncomfortable.

Definitely not enough security presence in the DD area and when it's needed most--10 pm and later.

BroganMc....

So to starbox, sorry if I read something into your above statement that wasn't there. I still do disagree with the line in your quote that I have made bold type. No hard feelings starbox.....just a healhty difference of opinion between us.

I can re-add the modifier "for the space" to the fragment you bolded. It's incorrect grammer as it is anyway. Iif it makes you feel better, here's a more correctly written sentence: "No to OKW just for the space if you are going to be hitting the parks all day".

Yes to OKW if you are hitting the parks all day because you like the theme, appreciate dedicated bus service, want a quiet resort - but having a bigger unit is not going to matter to a person that's not in it.

There are, however, some situations where I do think the extra space of OKW in and of itself makes it the best resort - like a family reunion where people will cook/eat-in and/or spend lots of get-to-hang-out-with -board games-in-the-living-room.

starbox :but having a bigger unit is not going to matter to a person that's not in it.
I do agree to an extent. But when we traveled with my mil, even though we were barely in the room---we sure did appreciate the extra space with the six of us.
But you're right....for the most part, there are those that stuff 5 and 6 into a room at POP and defend it by saying they're not in the room much.
I still do appreciate the extra space to stretch out when I am in the room though.....:)
No hard feelings starbox. You didn't have to modify your statement on my part. You stated how you felt and that was your perspective. I respect it. We're all going to differ on things like this from time to time. Each DVC has something unique to offer. :)

Anyone else here smell a troll.....???

Well I do know there are a couple of family members posting on here (one of them with multiple usernames).

I don't think OP was lying about the experience on the bus, but wonder if it might have been exagerated a bit...only because there really haven't been any other threads about how crowded/rotten the bus service was during the July 4th holiday.

Regardless, everyone is entitled to their opinion and it doesn't matter whether they have one post or the magical 5000 (as previously reported)...if you come on the DVC board and make defamatory remarks against one of the resorts with basically nothing to back it up -- you're going to get nailed! Posts like OP's are a slap in the face to the owners at OKW as well as the non-owners that love the resort. It's a natural instinct to try and defend it. It wouldn't have mattered which resort it was, the outcome would have been the same.

This thread seems to have run its course, as no one is bringing anything new to the discussion about whether OKW or transportation is at fault..nor is anyone continuing to address the other issues posted by the OP, so I am closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter