I’m disappointed in the disparaging political ads on this site.

Snowwhyt

I feel the Magic with every visit ❤️
I’m disappointed about the disparaging political ads that are allowed on this site. I would be fine with political ads about a candidate and what they stand for with just their beliefs and own character alone.
Seems like they could make that a requirement for advertising similarly to family only content.

Interesting - my screen currently shows ads for a local flower shop, the WSJ, and DCL. Nothing political there.
Ads should be subject to the same rules as the users of the site - will agree with you there.

I'm going to move this to the Tech Support Board as it does not apply to DCL. They may have some answers or ideas of how you can avoid those ads.

Interesting - my screen currently shows ads for a local flower shop, the WSJ, and DCL. Nothing political there.
Ads should be subject to the same rules as the users of the site - will agree with you there.
My ad is Wisconsin political. And I didn’t feel it belongs in a DCL board where I keep seeing the darn thing. My other ads are boat Motors and why Rippa left her show(click bate) not thinking this is a technical issue.

I don't think the site can block ads.

I've got Petco ads going and custom neon signs, none of which I have searched for (no pets sorry)

I’m disappointed about the disparaging political ads that are allowed on this site. I would be fine with political ads about a candidate and what they stand for with just their beliefs and own character alone.
Seems like they could make that a requirement for advertising similarly to family only content.
you can install an adblocker on your device so you don’t get ads showing at all on any site you come across, Disboards always says ads keep this site alive so up to you really

It's google ads.. it's based off your search history and other stuff.. like I always have ads for bones coffee.

It's google ads.. it's based off your search history and other stuff.. like I always have ads for bones coffee.
Think for my area, it goes to the highest bidder. I can assure you there is not been one time I have looked up a political candidate. Also have never looked up boats, or boat Motors. Maybe I have that selection made so they don’t target ads. I always select it so that is what I get.

I don't have any political ads - at least not that I can tell. My ads almost all show up in spanish because for some unknown reason the DISboards software apparently thinks I'm in Argentina. (My guess...it's the VPN when I connect from work, but that isn't Argentina either.)

But PP is correct... it's all driven by Google Ads. If there is something inappropriate, you can report it to the webmasters. There is a way they can block specific ads deemed inappropriate (like obscene).

WebmasterAlex recently posted this on another thread:
First off nobody needs to point a finger at anyone. Seeing those ads is NOT an indication anyone has been surfing anywhere bad. Honestly it's a constant battle that Corey spends a lot of time on. Google tries to use computer based algorithms to keep out bad ads but they don't work very well. He then has to report them manually. Please believe me we don't like those ads any better than you do and would never allow them if we had a choice. Unfortunately Google Ads is the only game in town if we want to keep the forums running

If any of you see inappropriate ads anywhere on any of our sites, it'd be so helpful if you could screenshot them and email them to corey@disneyinfo.com and he'll remove them. Google is tough like Alex said in the quoted message above.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter