Hyperspace Mountain is new and improved (+park pics)!

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
When I arrived at the park gates this morning, I knew that HSM was now open. However, a friend then explained that not only was it open, but it was also improved. They've added more TIE fighters and lasers. I was pleased with the changes. Nice work, DL!

One note: try to get the front seat for HSM. The view is better. I rode as a single rider today (less than a two-minute wait) and had the good fortune to be assigned that seat. I would have asked for it but, as we all know, CMs are not obliged to honor seating requests for single riders. I often find that if you're very nice, they'll go out of their way to help you. But they don't have to. Good to keep that in mind :-).

A few pics from the park today. I was among the first in and was also the first on PP (some of you may be getting tired of hearing that ;-)). Did well on Buzz today, as can be seen below. Enjoy the pics!

IMG_5419.JPG

IMG_5420.JPG

Ducks2.JPG

IMG_5427.JPG

IMG_5428.JPG

IMG_5431.JPG

IMG_5433.JPG

IMG_5436.JPG

IMG_5437.JPG

IMG_5439.JPG

Last edited:
More pics. Did pretty well on Buzz today. I'm very glad that I stopped shooting when I did. One more triangle and I would have exceeded 2,096,000 and lost all of my points (that happened twice today >:-().(EDIT: The reason this is true is because approximately 18 months ago, changes were made to the scoring system. Any score that exceeds approx 2,096,000 will be reset and will begin to build from zero again. I can only presume this was intentional and not merely an oversight. Many times I've done well on the ride only to see that my score on the monitor (Omnimovers don't display scores about 999,999) was something like 80,000. This is the reason why).

IMG_5444.JPG

IMG_5475.jpg

IMG_5479.JPG

IMG_5481.JPG

I forgot to mention that it was Bats Day in the park today. One of the girls I spoke with told me that there would be 7,000 of them in attendance. I doubt it was that many but I did see at least a few hundred.
IMG_5482.JPG

IMG_5485.JPG

IMG_5490.JPG

IMG_5493.JPG

IMG_5495.JPG

Last edited:
As always ..... I enjoy your pictures. And I don't get tired of hearing about you being first inline for PP. Impressive scores on Buzz !

How do you get those scores on Buzz? I rarely break 100,000. Am I just that bad of a shot or is there a trick to it?

What is Bat Day?? Why would your score have reverted to zero if you'd scored another point? And what is your profession that you go to Disney all the time--do you work for a travel company?

What is Bat Day??...

From Google: http://www.batsday.net/home/home.html. This is an unofficial annual event at DLR.
We love Bats Day and have met some of the nicest people in line who participate. One Bats Day we were on POTC -- the only two people in the boat not wearing head to toe black (!) -- to make it worse, I think I was wearing pastels that day -- but by the end of the ride everyone in the boat was our new best friend and we were all singing "Yo Ho, Yo Ho..." together! Too funny. :)

Last edited:
What is Bat Day??
Answered above by another poster :-).

Why would your score have reverted to zero if you'd scored another point?
About 18 months ago, DL changed the scoring so that if you exceed about 2,096,000, your score resets (it's happened to me countless times -- twice yesterday, in fact. Its always maddening when it happens). Why did they do that? I have no idea. I can only guess it was because they don't want people like me that play it a lot crowd out the people that do it rarely but still score well; they want the occasional visitor that scores 500,000 to be able to make it on the board. Again, that's merely a guess.

And what is your profession that you go to Disney all the time--do you work for a travel company?
Nope. What I do is... a secret ;-). I wouldn't say that I go all the time. But definitely every Sunday that I'm here (and not home in Chicago or sick). Occasionally I go during the week -- Wednesdays, if I deserve it :-).

Great pics! What time do you arrive at the parks to ensure you are first on PP?
On most Sundays, the park opens at 8:00. Typically, I arrive around 7:05 or thereabouts. Then I walk as fast as I can to the rope (gates usually open at 7:40). At 8:00 when the rope drops, I walk quickly to PP. Regularly, someone will run. I try a few things to not allow them to pass me (I consider it cheating when I've been waiting for an hour and then someone tries to jump ahead of me in the last few seconds to be first in line for PP). I'll either speed up (I can usually hear them running up behind me) and/or try to block them.

There've been many times when someone tries to dart in front of me within a few feet of the line entrance. I'll either block them or speed up. That's really not a cool move on their part. There was a time about four months ago when a fully-grown man sprinted the entire way to PP from the rope drop. CMs will ask guests before and after RD not to run but there are almost always a few that will anyway. Other than asking, I don't think CMs are empowered to do much to stop them. Again, that's not very cool. A few CMs have told me that they see guests fall about once a week just as they take off running. Maybe that's why they're asked not to run...?

What is the rush to run to peter pan if itis very early?

I dont get it or I am not understanding

What is the rush to run to peter pan if itis very early?

It’s the most popular ride in FL and the line gets very long, very quickly. I always say “Ride it at rope drop or not at all.” If the park opens at 8:00, the line for PP at 8:02 will be 30 minutes long. It’s also kind of fun to be the first on one of the most Disney of all of the rides in the park.

Everytime I think of Rope Drop and first on Peter Pan, I think of you Rob! LOL

We enjoyed HSM too when we rode it on Friday.

And yes, tons of practice on Buzz to get those high scores. Plus gettting some helpful hints from a Pro helps too :worship:

Thanks for the pics as usual, already miss DL :-)

Went on Saturday! And also got to ride HSM. I guess now that you mention it that there are more than tie fighters and such. I am also amazed by your Buzz scores. I normally score around 200K unless I get stopped in a good stop or multiple times (got 400K due to several stops in good places on Saturday). I only ever get to ride Peter Pan when I come with my Mom who is handicap and we get a return time. Not sure I would want to ride that via rope drop. We had not been in a few weeks and really like what they did with the Dumbo queue.

I am also amazed by your Buzz scores. I normally score around 200K unless I get stopped in a good stop or multiple times (got 400K due to several stops in good places on Saturday.
Thanks! Most of my scores are made without the ride stopping. On the occasions that it does stop, it's not uncommon for me to break 2M on both guns :-).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter