Hydroflask Water Bottles and Bento Boxes- Searched??

SDSorority

Traumatized by Magic Journeys and Haunted Mansion
Hi everyone! Can you tell me if Disney security opens up your hydroflask/stainless steel water bottles or stainless steel food bento boxes at the security point before you get in into the park? Normally we use glass water bottles and glass pyrex food containers here at home, but I know glass isn't allowed in the park so I was thinking about an alternative for our next trip. Thanks for any info!

They did not open our opaque stainless steel water bottles when we went through security.

In general, my experience (we go 2 weeklong trips every year) is that they inspect all bags, but they're not the TSA--they have never opened a bottle or made us throw out our granola bars, etc.

Last edited:
They just look through to see if you're bringing in any weapons. Disney parks allows food, water, drinks (non-alcoholic) to be brought it from the outside.

At Disneyland I had them open my water bottle (Hydroflask) and sniff it... the guard decided that I was trying to sneak something in when I said "ah man!" when he took the hoodie it had taken me 5 full minutes to get into my purse out of said purse and I wasn't looking forward to trying to stuff it back in. In the end he was disappointed as my water bottle contained... water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter