Hyatt Place or Hyatt House

gambit985

Earning My Ears
Family and I are planning a trip the week of Sept 19th-23rd. We are trying to decide which would be a better place to stay. Hyatt Place is near Toy Story parking lot and Hyatt House seems much more doable for walking to the park. would love to hear some pros and cons on each and know how far the walk would be to the Toy Story parking lot from the Hyatt Place. Also should we be concerned with the time we are going. Looked over everything and seems like this would be a good time to go and also do the Halloween Party on Wed. night. This is first time not staying on property and trying to find a good place to stay that does offer breakfast. I believe we will be out of the black hole from prior week closures.

I'd also compare to HomeWood suites convention center. It's next door to the toy story too. Although imo it's NBD. The walk or bus takes the same amount of time.

I think Hyatt House also offers evening food on weeknights? HP didn't. There was lots of room at HP but my huge gripe was noise issues. The connecting door had a gap under it and let in so much noise we could hear the party (only like 4 people but they were literally partying) next door every night. Called the front desk, they'd send security, room would kinda quiet down & be noisy 1 hour later. 3 nights in a row so by the last they didn't really quiet down. Tried calling the front desk twice one night & they'd say they already sent security. (I think part of the problem is the "host" checking people in & answering the phones also plays bartender. I saw the group drinking together in the lobby bar each evening. Serious conflict of interest.) Due to the poor door design & the absolute reluctance to stop parties I won't return to HP. Which is sad for me because I generally like that chain.

We stayed at the Hyatt House on our last trip and really enjoyed it. It was a good walking location and we never didn't walk. Honestly, the hardest part of the walk was waiting for the two lights at Harbor and Katella to change! The breakfast was good and the kids enjoyed the pool. The hotel was very fresh and clean as we were there shortly after it opened. Whenever we are staying offsite, I will stay at the Hyatt House or the SpringHill Suites across the street.

I think Hyatt House also offers evening food on weeknights? HP didn't. There was lots of room at HP but my huge gripe was noise issues. The connecting door had a gap under it and let in so much noise we could hear the party (only like 4 people but they were literally partying) next door every night. Called the front desk, they'd send security, room would kinda quiet down & be noisy 1 hour later. 3 nights in a row so by the last they didn't really quiet down. Tried calling the front desk twice one night & they'd say they already sent security. (I think part of the problem is the "host" checking people in & answering the phones also plays bartender. I saw the group drinking together in the lobby bar each evening. Serious conflict of interest.) Due to the poor door design & the absolute reluctance to stop parties I won't return to HP. Which is sad for me because I generally like that chain.

I think the front desk situation is pretty standard at Hyatt Place. They have an "all-purpose" front desk, where the clerk checks people in and out, sells snacks and drinks from the little café area, sells alcoholic drinks, takes food orders, and gets the food from the kitchen to hand to the customer. I thought it was odd once when I was checking in and a clerk was handing a plate of food across the front desk to a guest.

I think the front desk situation is pretty standard at Hyatt Place. They have an "all-purpose" front desk, where the clerk checks people in and out, sells snacks and drinks from the little café area, sells alcoholic drinks, takes food orders, and gets the food from the kitchen to hand to the customer. I thought it was odd once when I was checking in and a clerk was handing a plate of food across the front desk to a guest.
Yeah it is, just something I never had an issue with before that lousy trip to Anaheim. Honestly, I don't think I would have cared if they'd bothered soundproofing the connecting door better and not having a huge gap under it. Wrong place to cheap out when they built the hotel, but that's just my 2 cents. I adore the amount of room you get at a HP, but you'll get that at a Hyatt House as well now that that brand is expanding.

OP- regarding evening food at Hyatt House: please disregard my comment on free evening food. I just remembered Hyatt House started phasing that out earlier this year in exchange for the "H-Bar" concept where guests pay for evening food and drinks if they are interested and I see that Anaheim has gone that route as well.

We stayed at the Hyatt House on our last trip and really enjoyed it. It was a good walking location and we never didn't walk. Honestly, the hardest part of the walk was waiting for the two lights at Harbor and Katella to change! The breakfast was good and the kids enjoyed the pool. The hotel was very fresh and clean as we were there shortly after it opened. Whenever we are staying offsite, I will stay at the Hyatt House or the SpringHill Suites across the street.
Agree on the lights to cross the street! We walked from GC to Cheesecake Factory (across form HH) one night and waited FOREVER to cross Harbor both coming and going! I can imagine it would get old when you are traveling to/from the parks.
Also, there is a very large group of homeless that hang out on the northwest corner of Harbor and Katella. Not a huge deal, but if you have young kids you may want to stay on the east side of Harbor until you get further north. A few were made inappropriate comments towards my young nieces which made them quite uncomfortable (and they live in a large city in Europe...not a sheltered life for sure!).

Hyatt House; the wife travels to that area frequently on business. She always stays at Hyatt House. Nice sized modern rooms, great staff, one of the nicest breakfasts in the area, and walking distance from DL and DTD. She enjoys unwinding in DTD after a day of meetings and business. Several times she has used UBER from DTD back to the HH but, most of the time she enjoys the short walk back to the Hyatt House. :cool1:

You should write reviews about your experience on Tripadvisor and yelp. You should has write to the manager of the hotel and their corporate offices about your experience. Nobody should have to put up with that garbage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter