Hyatt in Anaheim

amw

need a new tag
I thought I had my plans for Anaheim all worked out -- we were going to stay in the King Suite at the HoJos. Now my DH tells me he has quite a bit of Hyatt points from his work travel that we can redeem.

I did a search on Trip Advisor, and it came up with two Hyatts in Anaheim:
Hyatt Regency Alicante
Hyatt Regency Orange County

Are these not the same hotel? Hyatt.com only lists the first hotel. The funny thing is that the Orange County listing has way better reviews than the ALicante listing :confused3

From my understanding, this (these?) hotel offers free shuttle to DLR. Has anyone been recently and can give a current review? Is it worth it for me to switch my ressies at HoJos which is walking distance?

I would love to use the points for the San Diego portion of our stay, but the Hyatts there don't offer suites. I need a separate sleeping space for my DDs -- the anaheim location has King Kidsuites.

There's a Hyatt Regency on Harbor and Chapman. Technically, that's Garden Grove, but it's only a couple of miles from Disney. I've been to the Alicante years ago, but can't remember exactly where it is.

The Hyatt Regency Orange County USED to be called Hyatt Regency Alicante. I believe that was before the renovation in 2001? Then it became the Hyatt Regency OC. So, it's the same hotel.

We stayed there in 2004 and LOVED it!!! We tried to stay there this year but it was fully booked with Virgin back in early December 2005. We're going again in 2008 and are going to stay there again - if we can book it that is. So, that says something... it's very popular. IMO, after checking out pretty much all of the hotels along Harbor, the Hyatt is the best looks wise. The glass atrium is beautiful. It has good amenities (Starbucks, Pizza Hut Express, good Gift Shop... and is close to a lot of restaurants. It's a little further away from the DLR than a lot of the other hotels on Harbor but it's nice that it's not right next to the Resort as you don't get too many people by it. And the service was fantastic. The concierge staff were only too happy to offer advice and help. Same as the bellhops and all other members of staff. We did encounter a couple of rude staff members at the California Grill restaurant though. They messed our (simple) order up and got rude when we said it was wrong. And they made us move TWICE because they had seated us on tables that were already allocated. They were still empty when we left and we weren't hurrying. I'd say eat outside of the hotel. The bar staff at Networks are great though. Really talkative and friendly. As I say we stayed there in 2004 so things may have changed but we went into the bar a good couple of times this summer and the staff we again extremely polite.

Although we only used it once, the free Disney shuttle is excellent. Everyone we spoke to at the hotel seemed impressed with it. Always on time and never really THAT crowded.

I would DEFINITELY say switch ressies if you have the chance. It'll be worth it and I'd be surprised if you didn't enjoy it there.

Personally, I like the rooms in the North Tower better. The South Tower is kinda dark and dreary. And if you're lucky enough to get a corner room or one on the side then you might just have a little sneeky view of Disney - I could see ToT and SM from my room. But, I believe the suites are in the South Tower??

Let us know what you decide. :) Whatever you decide to do, HAVE A FANTASTIC TRIP!!! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter