Hyatt House or Hyatt Place?

Gizmo74

Mouseketeer
Going in October for a long weekend and considering a stay at Hyatt House or maybe Hyatt Place? Hyatt House is closer to Disney Land so I am leaning towards that one. Anyone ever stay at them and can share pro/cons?

Hyatt House has a great free buffet breakfast (hot items included, bacon!) and is a newer hotel with a Walgreens downstairs. We stayed there shortly after opening and loved it. You can also ask for a room with fireworks views. Close to the Gardenwalk as well.

I've stayed at Hyatt House and really liked it. The room we stayed in had a mini stove, a fridge (somewhat larger than your standard mini fridge in a hotel), and a microwave. I also liked being about to run down to Walgreens for water and snacks. The only cons I can think of (and very minor) is that they charged for parking (I can't recall the fee, we didn't have a car), and the walk is somewhat longer than your across the street motel options. It took about 10-12 minutes. Overall, I'd stay there again for sure!

Hyatt House has a great free buffet breakfast (hot items included, bacon!) and is a newer hotel with a Walgreens downstairs. We stayed there shortly after opening and loved it. You can also ask for a room with fireworks views. Close to the Gardenwalk as well.
The better half always stays there when in the LA area on business every couple months. She loves it, great staff, great breakfast, great coffee/drink bar, and it has regular rooms as well as business suites(for the business people needing room to work). Shuttle back and forth to the park or you can UBER or LYFT to DTD for dinner with friends or business clients. Great place!:cool1:

The better half always stays there when in the LA area on business every couple months. She loves it, great staff, great breakfast, great coffee/drink bar, and it has regular rooms as well as business suites(for the business people needing room to work). Shuttle back and forth to the park or you can UBER or LYFT to DTD for dinner with friends or business clients. Great place!:cool1:

They have a shuttle now?

We stayed at Hyatt House last year and it was lovely, great breakfast, beautiful rooms, good location, convenient Walgreens downstairs. Would definitely stay there again.

For $300 more I can stay at Disney Land Pier hotel. I know I would be giving up free breakfast staying at Disney. It will be me and my two kids on the trip. Which one is closer to the Park? Would I feel safe walking back to Hyatt House vs Disney Pier hotel?

We stayed at Hyatt House (Harbor/Katella one) earlier this year and that is the one hotel we have on our no return list. Which is sad, because it is a nice hotel but the walls/floor are paper thin. We could hear every little step above us, which was amplified when the kids would jump off the beds or parents that started yelling at each other late at night. It was shocking how little soundproofing there was in comparison to even the older hotels along Harbor and Katella. Hopefully others have better luck.

Last edited:
For $300 more I can stay at Disney Land Pier hotel. I know I would be giving up free breakfast staying at Disney. It will be me and my two kids on the trip. Which one is closer to the Park? Would I feel safe walking back to Hyatt House vs Disney Pier hotel?

I don't know that I would recommend the Paradise Pier hotel, the only perk outside of a regular hotel room is Extra Magic Hour. For us personally, the $300 difference wouldn't be worth it. Also, you have to walk through Downtown Disney now instead of cutting through the Grand Californian, so it's still a fairly decent walk.

I know you're not really looking for recommendations, but we really like the Desert Palms. Clean, quiet, and actually a tad closer than Hyatt House. You also might check the Courtyard Mariott Theme Park Entrance one. Not sure how budget-friendly it is, but it a really nice hotel. All rooms have bunkbeds, which is a plus. :)

Either way, hope you have a great trip! October in Disneyland is amazing!

I don't know that I would recommend the Paradise Pier hotel, the only perk outside of a regular hotel room is Extra Magic Hour. For us personally, the $300 difference wouldn't be worth it. Also, you have to walk through Downtown Disney now instead of cutting through the Grand Californian, so it's still a fairly decent walk.

I know you're not really looking for recommendations, but we really like the Desert Palms. Clean, quiet, and actually a tad closer than Hyatt House. You also might check the Courtyard Mariott Theme Park Entrance one. Not sure how budget-friendly it is, but it a really nice hotel. All rooms have bunkbeds, which is a plus. :)

Either way, hope you have a great trip! October in Disneyland is amazing!
Thank you. I will look at the ones you recommended. A few years back we stayed at Marriott Suites down the road and took the shuttle. The hotel was nice but it didn’t feel like I was at Disney. So this trip I was ready to book Disney and quickly remembered why I didn’t the first time. Prices are so much higher. So this trip, I thought I would at least get closer (Hyatt House) but it is only $300 difference between Disney. This trip is only 3 nights but wanted to make it special as well.

We stayed at Hyatt House (Harbor/Katella one) earlier this year and that is the one hotel we have on our no return list. Which is sad, because it is a nice hotel but the walls/floor are paper thin. We could hear every little step above us, which was amplified when the kids would jump off the beds or parents that started yelling at each other late at night. It was shocking how little soundproofing there was in comparison to even the older hotels along Harbor and Katella. Hopefully others have better luck.

I've also heard people say the walls were on the thin side. But it's in a good location. Not a bad walk at all.

I know this wasn’t a contender, but we love Hyatt Regency, and we just uber to and from the parks. The regency is a beautiful hotel. Two pool areas—one more quiet and one that’s really fun. Beautiful atrium/lobby. Good restaraunt on sight. I dunno...maybe check it out.

Do you have kids? The Marriott Courtyard Theme Park Entrance is really really nice! If you have little kids (under 10) their water play area is great.
I haven’t personally stayed at the Hyatt House or Place but they look great and get good reviews. They are probably a 10-12 minute walk.
If money isn’t a huge issue I’d probably spend the extra $300 and stay at Paradise Pier (an extra $100/night, right?). I don’t love Paradise Pier as much as I did before they took away the morning shortcut of walking through the Grand. However, you still can use the shortcut on your way back at night. We like Early Entry as well. If you’ll use it, it’s a nice perk.

Thank you. I will look at the ones you recommended. A few years back we stayed at Marriott Suites down the road and took the shuttle. The hotel was nice but it didn’t feel like I was at Disney. So this trip I was ready to book Disney and quickly remembered why I didn’t the first time. Prices are so much higher. So this trip, I thought I would at least get closer (Hyatt House) but it is only $300 difference between Disney. This trip is only 3 nights but wanted to make it special as well.
For $300 I’d stay at paradise pier! But only if you’ll take advantage of emh.

Hyatt House is about a 10 minute walk. Love the free breakfast, and proximity to the park. Walgreens is downstairs. (also has lower priced Disney souvenirs there). Starbucks is now downstairs as well.

Food is everywhere. Blaze Pizza, Subway, liquor store, bar and grill across the street. And you're also across the street from Anaheim Garden Walk. Which has a bunch of restaurants and shops as well. Oh and IHOP is next door (24 hrs).

Cons
- $18.50 /day for parking
-No shuttle service

Pros
All the other items I mentioned above and the price is great!

House. For convenience mainly but I’ve stayed Place & I won’t return because a bad noise problem. There was a huge gap under the connecting door. We had 4 people next door only interested in drinking, games & super loud talking at all hours so we stuffed pillows & towels by the door, called the front desk for security to quiet them down, didn’t matter. The soundproofing sucked & therefore so did our sleep. (The fact that the front desk clerk was the same one tending the hotel bar where we saw the neighbors drinking did not help the hotel take any hardline towards their noise...)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter