Hyatt House at Anaheim Resort Convention Center?

gjdjud

Earning My Ears
Hi. I’ve made a no deposit booking at the HOJO but thinking of changing to Hyatt House. i like how breakfast is included and having a sofa bed will be a bonus. Having a Walgreens, Starbucks etc close will also be handy.

Looking for some views on this hotel. Good and bad.

Is it a safe walk to Disneyland for a family? Likewise Garden Walk if we wanted to head out for dinner in the evening.

Stayed there 3 years ago. Took advantage of proximity to Starbucks and Walgreens. You will encounter homeless people on the walk. I have never felt unsafe on that walk, though. There is a bit of traffic noise, but Katella traffic noise is definitely better than I-5, er, excuse me, "the 5", traffic noise. I didn't consider Hyatt House for our potential March trip, but only because the rates were ridiculous and there were much better values elsewhere.

We've stayed there and liked it alot. It's a very nice hotel. We had a great suite with park views.The walk to Disneyland was long but doable for us. We did encounter many homeless people on the walk. There are so many other people walking to/from the parks we felt safe.

Totally safe walk (even as a relatively small solo female traveler). Yes, some homeless people, but they've never been aggressive with me.

We stayed there last month for two nights using my Amex points. The location was good and having a Walgreens and Starbucks downstairs was very convenient.

We had no issues with homeless on any of our walks to and from the park. Did not even see any along the way.

Room was clean but we found the beds uncomfortable as they’re more on the firm side. Overall for a few nights it worked out fine. Not my first choice but I don’t really have any major negatives.

Last edited:

I stayed there in July. There was no hot breakfast yet. It was muffins, cereals, yogurt. There were days when they had english muffins.

Hyatt house is one of my favorites (except the walk). Service was still limited. I was supposed to have housekeeping ONE day and we were coincidentally in our room when they needed to service. We asked they come back but never did. Had to call to ask for towels.

The Starbucks there closes at 2pm and you can't mobile order. Lines can be long in the mornings.

The Hyatt and House and HoJo are my go to off property hotels. Think it kind of depends on if you plan on going back and forth from hotel to parks more than once a day.

I really like Hyatt House but i feel that the value definitely went down a bit since the hot breakfast turned into a grab and go after COVID. The Hojo has McDonalds and Panera next to it so it kind of levels the playing field when it comes to breakfast. My last stay at Hyatt House was in July and the room also seemed to be a little more worn this time around.

As others have said you will run into transients on the walk back at night but they keep to themselves. I've never had a problem and you're always walking with a big crowd. It is nice to have the Walgreens there but I don't know if it's worth the longer walk compared to Hojo. I still like the Hyatt House especially since I can use reward points to book but if I'm paying cash I'd probably go with Hojo for the shorter walk.

Hope this helps. I think you're good either way.

Hyatt House is a favorite of some of my relatives. Rooms are larger than most other places.
Last month, they weren't doing housekeeping each night and breakfast was a bit toned down. They had the same food each day and an employee would scoop it for you rather than let everyone go to a buffet line.

Thanks! I’m actually really torn where to stay. I’ve found it so difficult to choose! I can’t put my finger on why I’m still looking elsewhere when I have the HOJO booked! I like the look of Hyatt House but again not 100% on it. Courtyard Theme Park Entrance ticks all the boxes but currently a fair amount more price wise.

Have you checked the Wyndham? It’s opposite Hyatt House at Katella and Harbor. We stayed there for two nights last week. Actually liked it better than Hyatt House. There is a cafe in the lobby that serves Starbucks. You don’t have to go across the street to the other Starbucks.

We stayed there last weekend. The walk isn’t bad, about 10-15 min. We did encounter a few homeless people near the bus stop, but they were not aggressive or rude. The breakfast was eggs, sausage and potatoes each day. One day they had French toast sticks and the other day was waffles. In addition they have oatmeal, cereal, fruit and yogurt bar. They also have coffee, apple juice, orange juice, lemonade and milk. The roof top pool and jacuzzi are really nice and open until 10. We didn’t mind the lack of maid service since we only stayed 2 nights. In addition to Starbucks and Walgreens there is a Blaze Pizza on site. You can order ahead online and eat at the hotel or order in person and eat there. It’s delicious and open late, until midnight I believe. I would definitely recommend the Hyatt House for it’s proximity, value and amenities.

Sorry another question. I’m looking for next year. Prices in August are currently $800 a night! Same for July but for June it’s roughly $280 per night for the suite we’d like. I’m guessing July, August prices aren’t properly available. Does anyone know when the prices are more like the June ones?!

Sorry another question. I’m looking for next year. Prices in August are currently $800 a night! Same for July but for June it’s roughly $280 per night for the suite we’d like. I’m guessing July, August prices aren’t properly available. Does anyone know when the prices are more like the June ones?!

You're looking way too far in advance. Hyatt prices tend to drop about 3 months out and then bounce around for a bit. Even June is currently overpriced but you could book a refundable rate at that price if you're comfortable with it. Closer to the actual date of the stay, you should be able to rebook for like $200 including taxes.

By the way, if you have a Costco membership, you can also book Hyatt house from there too. Prices are more the less the same but sometimes you get added perks booking from costco.

If you happen to have a Chase Sapphire credit card you can transfer your rewards point 1 to 1 into World of Hyatt and book it that way also. One of the best values for credit card points in my opinion.

If you happen to have a Chase Sapphire credit card you can transfer your rewards point 1 to 1 into World of Hyatt and book it that way also. One of the best values for credit card points in my opinion.

If you exclusively stay in Disneyland area hotels that are overpriced from a points redemption perspective, then the value is OK, but if you travel elsewhere, the value per point is nothing special. This Hyatt House usually comes out to just over $200 so for 15K points, it's pretty similar in value to transferring Chase points to Southwest Airlines which gives between 1.3 and 1.4 cents per point. If you have a Sapphire Reserve, then you may get more value redeeming at a constant 1.5 cents per point depending on the rates. As far as points tranfsers go, there are some sweet spots in Hawaii where you'd be getting 2 to 3 cents per point. You also regularly get over 3 cents per point redeeming in Las Vegas on the weekend, New York and Sydney. Then, there's many ways to get over 2 cents per point for a flight although that's becoming less common as the price of airfare is crashing due to the pandemic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter