Husband & I are canceling but kids still going and I'm concerned about MDE

crickee

Mouseketeer
For a variety of reasons my DH & I won't be going down for our vacation on Jan 6th. My adult kids are still going down. I'm concerned about them using MDE as I've always been the "Keeper of the MDE" and they don't have their own accounts. If they make their own accounts will it sinc w/ what I have on my account - their tickets, park ressies, dining ressies - or would it be best for them just to sign in to my acct?

For a variety of reasons my DH & I won't be going down for our vacation on Jan 6th. My adult kids are still going down. I'm concerned about them using MDE as I've always been the "Keeper of the MDE" and they don't have their own accounts. If they make their own accounts will it sinc w/ what I have on my account - their tickets, park ressies, dining ressies - or would it be best for them just to sign in to my acct?
They can create accounts and link them to view the plans but it would probably still be best to give them your password since they won’t be able to change the plans you’ve made—for example, modify a dining reservation or change their park pass for another park.

I strongly disagree with this. Even if there's one central planner, everything works much more smoothly if every adult member of the travel party has their own account.
That may be true IF the central planner is going on the trip with the rest of the family, but OP won't be going at all. So unless OP is willing to be making changes any time her adult children call her, and doing "mobile check in" for table service restaurants 15 mins before their ADRs for them, she really ought to give them access to her account.

That said, it does make sense for them to also have their own accounts for some things, such as mobile order or virtual queue/genie reservations.

It would be easiest if you give them the password to your account since your trip is just a few days away. But they can make their own accounts and have everything transferred to their new accounts. It would be easiest to call Disney tech support. The people on the MDE profile that you created would have to be changed to the people that created their own accounts. So if you named your son Billy on your MDE and he created his own account and used the name Bill, then the room reservation, tickets, etc would have to be reassigned to Bill, not Billy.

Designate one person as "Keeper of the Account" and give them your password. I would think too many people with access would get confusing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter