Hurricane watch 2018

Yeah Michael looks like it could be quite nasty. We were thinking it was coming here to Louisiana, but it seems we will get lucky yet again.

Folks in the panhandle need to be on alert. I feel for the people in the Carolinas. They don't need this.

So sorry for anyone in the path of Michael and pray for everyone. Do we know what impact this could have on Orlando?

So sorry for anyone in the path of Michael and pray for everyone. Do we know what impact this could have on Orlando?

Rain bands and gusty winds at time for pretty much ALL of Florida. Worst days probably Tomorrow through Thursday.

Not a washout at all.

We fly out Thursday night and land in Orlando at 11:30pm. Hoping this storm does not affect our trip or our flight. I’ve been keeping my eye on it.

Panhandle Mouse here - We have off school Friday (teacher inservice day) and of course were planning a trip to Disney. We are now waiting to see what they say about schools for Wednesday and Thursday. If they cancel we may just lock up the house and head down early. It would be wet days but hopefully low crowds mid week.

Supposed to fly in Thursday, October 11 from Ohio landing around 11am. Hopefully flights aren't cancelled, and we can get around it. I guess it will depend on when it actually makes landfall. Looks like I'll be watching the weather instead of working for the next three days :rolleyes1

Supposed to fly in Thursday, October 11 from Ohio landing around 11am. Hopefully flights aren't cancelled, and we can get around it. I guess it will depend on when it actually makes landfall. Looks like I'll be watching the weather instead of working for the next three days :rolleyes1

We are flying from Michigan Friday night October 12. Landing at 11 pm. I'm kind of stresssed now. My husband is talking about canceling.

Flying out to the west coast to Disneyland from Tampa to Cali on Friday AM! Hoping we are in the clear to fly! Thinking it will be way past Tampa by Friday AM!

People in the Panhandle please please prepare for this storm.

Some of the computer models coming in are showing a much stronger storm than what is being talked about on TV

Category 4 at landfall IS POSSIBLE

I think it should be fine by Friday night. The rest of the forecast after Friday isn't too bad. Just normal storms. The uncertainty is very stressful!

Flying out to the west coast to Disneyland from Tampa to Cali on Friday AM! Hoping we are in the clear to fly! Thinking it will be way past Tampa by Friday AM!

Yes, storm should be well north of Florida by Friday. In fact rain chance for Friday says 10%.

People in the Panhandle please please prepare for this storm.

Some of the computer models coming in are showing a much stronger storm than what is being talked about on TV

Category 4 at landfall IS POSSIBLE

It was just upgraded to a Hurricane. I haven't seen anything mentioning it getting to a 4 but there are certainly more models and reports of it getting to a cat 3 before landfall. There are just too many trees up here that even Cat 1 winds can cause serious power damages.

Trying to be a better person and think of everyone currently affected and who will be affected (and trying not to panic as we're landing in Tampa on Saturday for our 8 day Disney trip). Lived in New England for a majority of my life, so I have very little knowledge of hurricanes in general. Hoping for the best for everyone in the Gulf area.

It was just upgraded to a Hurricane. I haven't seen anything mentioning it getting to a 4 but there are certainly more models and reports of it getting to a cat 3 before landfall. There are just too many trees up here that even Cat 1 winds can cause serious power damages.

I personally DO NOT believe that it gets to a Cat 4. There are some models that say it does but I think that is really pushing it.

Cat 3 at landfall now is very possible.

This will be a small storm so those Cat 3 winds will be in a small location.

Here is the EURO model that is showing WIND GUSTS at landfall. This map is showing 1pm Thursday

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    141.4 KB · Views: 16
Hi all, we are flying home tomorrow at 6. Have never had any experience with storms of this magnitude let alone hurricanes! I’ve looked at the wind forecasts (thanks Spridell!) and wondering if the winds anticipated stop the planes from taking off? I’m already a nervous flyer but better to know ahead that it could have some extreme turbulence? Would they cancel and would I know by now? Thanks everyone.

Hi all, we are flying home tomorrow at 6. Have never had any experience with storms of this magnitude let alone hurricanes! I’ve looked at the wind forecasts (thanks Spridell!) and wondering if the winds anticipated stop the planes from taking off? I’m already a nervous flyer but better to know ahead that it could have some extreme turbulence? Would they cancel and would I know by now? Thanks everyone.

Flying from Orlando you mean to your home?

If so, no, the winds will not be that bad in Orlando to cause any delays.

Most airlines contact the person that booked first to alert them for possible changes

I’ve used United and delta and would get an email if there is a weather alert for my flight date

If I get an email of flight change or canceled, I use the link in their email to adjust my flight

Flying from Orlando you mean to your home?

If so, no, the winds will not be that bad in Orlando to cause any delays.
Thank you again! Feeling better even though I just ran from the new outdoor bar at CB to my room in a fast rain storm!

We are driving down tomorrow from Jekyll Island for the MNSSHP, I am not too concerned about that other than might be rainy. We are supposed to drive home to TN Wednesday and I am concerned about that. Wondering if we need to cancel and just head home or start checking into adding a day to trip drive home Thursday afternoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter