Hurricane Matthew's impact on cruises on the near future?

nkereina

Last chance to lose your keys.
I know it all remains to be seen, but for anyone who may have experienced this before, did you re-consider the cruise you had booked after a hurricane hit? We are booked for the Oasis out of Port Canaveral in March, with a stop in Nassau. Another poster mentioned they were cancelling their December cruise because they didn't feel the ports would be fully recovered and up to par by that time. I won't be making any rash decisions, but hadn't considered that aspect of it until now. Any experiences?

Thoughts and prayers with all those impacted by Matthew!!

I have been on a cruise that skipped a port due to poor weather conditions. It was a last minute decision by the captain. We spent the day at sea and we had a blast! The crew seems to go out of their way to make sure you don't miss the port that much. Our tour fees were refunded (booked thru the cruise). If the port for Nassau is still closed, the ship could skip the port and have a day at sea, change to a new destination, or anchor off the port and have you tender into the town. Personally, I wouldn't cancel your cruise based on a port of call being skipped. If the port is open but you feel the conditions are not up to what you want, just stay on the ship. I love being on the empty ship. You will find plenty of quiet deck chairs by the pool and extra attentive staff members.

Nope. If a port isn't in condition to receive ships, to us it's just another sea day. There are some ports that we never even get off the ship on good days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter