Hurricane Matthew: How it's impacting resort stays

Are resorts booked so nearly full this week that it would have been difficult to move everyone out of Ft. Wilderness?

Now all the campers and RVs (as well as all other guests' cars and rental cars) will remain outdoors. Some FW folks may have checked out and left town to take their campers or RVs further away from the storm impacted area.

Stuck in your room and going without food for a whole day isn't going to kill you. Unless you were punished by being sent to bed without supper when you were little and now you get nightmares about that.

That looks like the bag lunches we make for kids in homeless shelters here. I mean, wonder bread and lunchmeat.

They must really be scrambling to offer that, and charging $12? That is nuts.

I think it looks decent for something they pulled together at the last minute. Don't forget they mean them to be shelf stable too, so if the rooms lose power they have something to eat. Those fridges aren't exactly huge.

That looks like the bag lunches we make for kids in homeless shelters here. I mean, wonder bread and lunchmeat.

They must really be scrambling to offer that, and charging $12? That is nuts.
Yes, I'm disappointed they are doing that. $13 bucks for a $3 lunch or you can't eat?

We're at Saratoga and we waited in line for 3 hours to get a tuna sandwich. Our lines looked like the Pop ones but we didn't take a pic. We're gonna take our chances and walk over to the front desk now since we can't get a hold of anyone to try and extend our stay since our flight is now Sunday instead of Saturdy. I feel for the CM's that are stuck here working.

We waited 2 hours last night for dinner and our box lunches here at Caribbean Beach. It was crazy but I was pleasantly surprised by how well behaved everyone was. Despite being told that Port Royale would close at 10 last night and be closed until further notice it was open this morning and restocked.

I went to Disney's Polynesian Resort and it was beautiful. It looked like any other day at Disney World. Way to go Disney! Here is a video from our experience.

I've seen some of your other videos on Youtube while watching random videos in preparation for my first trip to WDW next June. Your videos are great and always a joy. :thumbsup2

This thread shows a picture of that $12.99 box lunch. Which doesn't include a drink unless you use a CS dining credit.
Ours had a much better looking sandwich. A cookie was never part of ours though, nor a drink. (And as mentioned, they were out of fruit and chips VERY early on). So, it must have varied by resort.

I think it looks decent for something they pulled together at the last minute. Don't forget they mean them to be shelf stable too, so if the rooms lose power they have something to eat. Those fridges aren't exactly huge.

No, that looks like exploitation of a tragedy. You have a captive audience at the Disney Resorts, and you excessively charge for the food. That food would not be worth $12 outside the Parks. Heck, it wouldn't be worth $12 IN the parks. That looks like a shameful handling of the situation. They should have charged $5 max for that. Let's celebrate when Disney does a good job and call them out when they failed. Them charging $12 was a failure.

No, that looks like exploitation of a tragedy. You have a captive audience at the Disney Resorts, and you excessively charge for the food. That food would not be worth $12 outside the Parks. Heck, it wouldn't be worth $12 IN the parks. That looks like a shameful handling of the situation. They should have charged $5 max for that. Let's celebrate when Disney does a good job and call them out when they failed. Them charging $12 was a failure.
Disney resorts don't usually have pounds and pounds of deli meat and sandwich bread on hand. They may have had to pay vendors to bring different supplies than they normally have them bring. This was probably a better lunch than relocated residents got in Red Cross Shelters.

Disney resorts don't usually have pounds and pounds of deli meat and sandwich bread on hand. They may have had to pay vendors to bring different supplies than they normally have them bring. This was probably a better lunch than relocated residents got in Red Cross Shelters.

Did the Red Cross charge its relocated residents $12? Keep in mind, one is a non-profit, and the other is a Fortune 100 company that specializes in hospitality. That's a pretty absurd comparison.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter