Hurricane Isabel

normmo

DIS Veteran
Is anyone else going to be in Florida when the hurricane might hit? Is anyone else starting to freak? Getting more and more worried about this and hoping it doesn't ruin a trip that's been planned for a long long time! Here's hoping Isabel goes away - not just because of my trip but for all the people who live where the hurricane might hit.
Mo

We were actually at Disney when hurricane Andrew hit many years ago. Disney was very good at keeping people posted by leaving notices on our doors twice a day with instructions etc. The only thing that really happened at Disney was a lot of rain, and very heavy crowds due to the fact that people from southern FlA were being evacuated north and were all in need of hotels so many of them went to Disney!

I have been watching the Storm 2003 website and some models forecast it hitting in the mid Atlantic states. But it is still to early to be sure.

I'm hoping all is calm for my Oct 1 departure!

We've been trying to find a website about the storm, which one are you on Julie? Hope any damage is minimal and doesn't affect your trip.

We're really keeping an eye on this storm too as we have my cousins flying into Toronto from Scotland on Friday, with expected landing at 2:50pm and I'm worried as to what will happen if they can't land due to the expected high winds.:(

Crossing my fingers and everything else for them to have a safe trip here.:)

She's here............. Isabel has arrived...

how is everyone doing? we are just starting to get some rain now.. no winds yet.

>>^..^<<

The rain started here last night. It's raining now, and the winds are gusty, but it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Of course, I probably just jinxed everything!! :eek:

We are getting some good wind gusts but so far not too bad. The rain is steady but not the deluge I expected.

Sammi, hopefully your cousins will not have any delays in arriving at Pearson this afternoon.

It just started POURING just as I send Noel to school LOL...

She looked so pathetic... big umbrella, raincoat... those 3 sets of Disney Ponchos I left behind in Florida would have come in handy :p

No winds yes.. just heavy heavy rain

>>^..^<<

A very steady rain here, but the wind doesn't seem to be that bad. I'm so glad I have the day off and I can stay home warm & dry.

Well we had Isabel rearrange our garden furniture a bit but so far we're ok.;)

Julie I've been checking on the Pearson website andup to this point everything looks good for their flight. My cousin hates to fly and was concerned about wind but I told her "no wind just a lot of rain coming"! LOL:p I lied just a little bit. But she'll see all of this when she lands and I'll be in trouble!;)

Hope everyone fairs well through this.:)

It's pretty windy in my area which seems to make the rain worse! We actually lost power for a couple of hours this morning. I forgot to replace the backup batteries in my alarm clock so I slept in... I'm glad I don't have to go to work today, otherwise I would have been really late :p ... of course what's the first thing I do when the power comes back on... I have to check the DIS Boards *lol* :)

Glad to hear everyone is hanging in... I had a bit of a fright when one of our customers told me the schools were closed... considering I had sent my DD9 there hours earlier!!

Turns out he was wrong... but sheesh :eek:

Dsneygirl ~ I noticed you honeymooned in Disneyland at the Grand Californian... how did you like the hotel and the parks?

>>^..^<<

Well my cousin's flight has been delayed in Glasgow for 4 hours!:mad: They say it's due to the storm in Toronto but all other arrivals seem to be on time coming into YYZ.:(

They were supposed to arrive at 2:50 this afternoon now they won't be landing until 6:45 tonight.:(

But the good news here is as I type this the rain has turned to just a drizzle and the wind has calmed right down. Hopefully this is a sign that Isabel is downgrading?:confused: :D

That's crummy ... maybe its because they have to fly over the Atlantic. Who knows :( Are you picking up from the airport later? I hope the traffic won't be too heavy ...

The rain here is reduced to a drizzle too and the trees are hardly moving so I hope that's the end of it.

I just talked to my Dad in Niagara Falls and he said they didn't get much at all, so I was relieved about that.

Cindy, I guess with the airport having to use their "non-preferential runways due to slippery and windy conditions", a few flights were delayed. Too bad they had to choose your cousin's flight! I put my big planters under my deck which is enclosed with lattis and tied down my garden furniture just to be safe.

bunnyfoo we've arranged to have my cousins picked up with Airways Transit so my DH doesn't have to drive as he's just recovering from an accident at work and a broken rib. I hope they'll be here by about 8:30 pm but with the time change I'm sure they'll be pooped.:D

The wind and rain have died down here though. I think the media blows things up alot!:p

What an anti-Climax!!....
Other than a couple of hours of gusty winds and on and off heavy rain.....it really was'nt that big of a deal.
These forecasters really do get paid money for old rope!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter