Hurricane Irma: CONFIRMED ~ All Parks, Water Parks and Disney Springs: Normal Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Breaking News from wftv:

Breaking: Orlando International Airport to cease all commercial passenger flights 5pm Saturday...just decided in meeting at OIA. #WFTV

Still time for the track to change (again), but yes, that sure as heck is a terrible track for Disney (and a nightmare for Miami). It's looks great if you are further up the east coast though.

Disney is not accepting ADRs for Monday, 9/11.

Disney has cancelled some other activities this weekend like the Aloha Dinner show and Hoop Dee Doo.

Models are still not great. I wouldn't expect Disney to announce any closures until Saturday at the earliest.

It's being reported Fort Wilderness is already moving arriving guests to other WDW resorts. FW isn't waiting until Saturday to relocate guests.

Disney's YMCA Daycare Program will close at 12:00p on Saturday and remain closed Sunday and Monday.

Last year for Hurricane Matthew, YMCA closed at 12:00p ahead of the parks closing at 5:00p.

YMCA is the main Daycare provider for CMs' kids:

IMG_2259.JPG

From the WDW site:
"September 8, 2017
New dine reservations for September 10 and 11 are not available at this time as we monitor progress of Hurricane Irma. Effective immediately we will not be enforcing dine reservation cancelation policies so no need to cancel dine reservations through Monday September 11th.

Restaurants are open as normal today. Starting now, we won’t be enforcing the cancellation fee and you don’t need to cancel."

ETA: I've been on these boards for a long time and the Irma threads are an example of why. Posters offering safety tips, updated news and information, and even folks offering their home to "friends" on the boards that are alone. I feel as though I know many here and to our Mods, CMs, and everyone in the affected areas, we are thinking of you, wishing the best, and praying for your safety. Please check in if you are able during/after the storm.

Last edited:
All 5 parking garages in downtown Orlando are waiving parking fees from Saturday at 8:00a to Tuesday.

There are never parking fees for the Disney Springs garages. If you've driven to WDW and don't want to leave your car parked out in the open, park it at Disney Springs and return to your Resort via Disney Transportation.

All 5 parking garages in downtown Orlando are waiving parking fees from Saturday at 8:00a to Tuesday.

There are never parking fees for the Disney Springs garages. If you've driven to WDW and don't want to leave your car parked out in the open, park it at Disney Springs and return to your Resort via Disney Transportation.

Guest services told CPs they are planning on towing Saturday night for people who park in the garages. I don't know if this is true but I would ask somewhere before doing it in case. Sorry I know this is the confirmed info thread and my info might not be but I just wanted to be careful in case.

I would double check as well at Disney Springs. On a regular basis they have signs at each garage saying that vehicles left after 2 or 3am, I forget, will be towed

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter