Hurricane Ian - WDW Resorts Related Updates, Planning & Discussion

What is this supposed to be showing? Wet planks of wood? So, basically what it looks like every time it rains?
Ok, to me the pic looks like there is water halfway up the garage and the first floor????? It looks like major flooding to me.

Saw some photos of Wilderness Lodge with some trees and debris around. That is the type of thing that will delay opening. Guarantee areas of Animal Kingdom (especially the Savannah) have all sorts of debris scattered around.
Will take some time for safety people to go out first to assess if the clean up crews can begin, and then the actual cleanup to begin. Would not be surprised to see "later" openings tomorrow.

Ok, to me the pic looks like there is water halfway up the garage and the first floor????? It looks like major flooding to me.
Just wet pavement in the foreground. Enlarge the pic and you can see the joints in the pavement.

I thought the Boardwalk was flooded as well! But after the above poster questioned it, I went back and looked, and it’s just wet planks! It is very deceiving, depending how you’re looking at it! I just looked straight across, never noticed the slits in the planks lol 🤦🏻‍♀️

Wonder if airport will be open tomorrow? We are scheduled to leave. Will be cutting it close as departure time is 12pm by airline. Plus getting a Lyft might be hard.
MCO already released a statement regarding tomorrow, it's posted a few pages back. They plan to resume operations but no timeline has been announced. I would have low expectations

I would think they just wanted to update how the resort looks afte the storm. We are at the Boardwalk also and other that a few blown over outdoor pieces, leaves and minor damage to awning on leaping libations, it looks okay.

None of the Boardwalk dining options are available nor the shopping. The shop off the lobby is open and the lounge has food and a buffet is available for meals.

What is this supposed to be showing? Wet planks of wood? So, basically what it looks like every time it rains

At the risk of discussing rumor... I don't see how they could only open two parks tomorrow, without limits in place. The resorts right now are packed with guests who just want to get out and do something. There wouldn't be room for all these guests in two parks.
Of course there will be room with two gates. Plenty of these hotel people are evacuees going home, or people trying to get a flight out. And most park guests are usually off-site. And it sounds like Disney is housing a lot of emergency people too.

Even if everyone in the Disney hotels goes, they have plenty of room.

Doesn't mean they should open. But that's not the problem.

Last edited:
According to Duke Energy, Horizon West seems to be OK. I believe we are on Disney's power grid.
There really isn't any such thing as "Disney's power grid". WDW itself has their own distribution system which is provided by RCID, who is responsible for any outages on property. Duke supplies power to the areas around Disney through its own transmission and distribution system. They have several grids in different areas that handle the residences and businesses that you see on your way to Disney property.

I thought the Boardwalk was flooded as well! But after the above poster questioned it, I went back and looked, and it’s just wet planks! It is very deceiving, depending how you’re looking at it! I just looked straight across, never noticed the slits in the planks lol 🤦🏻‍♀️
Looks flooded to me too lol.

Any word on Saratoga Springs? I had read on facebook that they received flooding, but I am not sure if that is true.

Preliminary report from National Weather Service suggests Walt Disney World was largely spared from high wind speeds

The National Weather Service in Melbourne, Florida, has released a preliminary report of the highest wind gusts recorded from Hurricane Ian.

For Walt Disney World, the report lists a Magic Kingdom weather station recording a maximum wind gust of 45mph at 12:20am this morning.

Nearby Orlando Internation Airport recorded a maximum wind gust of 67mph at 7:35am.

Although wind speeds may not have been as high as feared, significant rainfall has caused flash floods, hampering the damage assessment and repairs.

Boardwalk is clear. That angle almost got me too. I was like wait … what … no it’s fine. All good here. You may however spend all your money here on Pluto selling you a DVC contract.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 107
  • 77AD1F83-EA47-483F-AE33-1304B2654760.jpeg
    77AD1F83-EA47-483F-AE33-1304B2654760.jpeg
    45.1 KB · Views: 119
  • 749502D3-D30E-4C3D-9128-F84B9DD5F40F.jpeg
    749502D3-D30E-4C3D-9128-F84B9DD5F40F.jpeg
    60.5 KB · Views: 113
There is someone Live from Wilderness Lodge walking around on YouTube if anyone is interested…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter