Hurricane Ian - WDW Resorts Related Updates, Planning & Discussion

Power going in and out here in my corner of Jax. The retention pond behind my house is up about 2 ft; another few inches and it'll be at the bottom of the banks leading down from the houses (another 2 ft of ground there before backyard fences).

St Augustine is flooding. Seawall breached.

Please don't drive thru our area right now...it is safer to stay where you are.

Update: elevators at the YC are back up and running.

Pool is still closed and there is some debris, the life guards are in the YC lobby with the characters playing with the kids. Much calmer in there this morning than yesterday!

The sandbar in the kids area in the pool is completely submerged, pool levels are obviously higher than normal!

Attachments

• PXL_20220929_142132021.jpg
    PXL_20220929_142132021.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 204
  • PXL_20220929_142304366.jpg
    PXL_20220929_142304366.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 196

Yes, we are good. Thanks for asking. Never lost power and there doesn't seem to be any damage to the house from a quick look outside.

Bonus from the storm, we now have an infinity pool. ;)
We experienced the same in HW and with our pool.
Hadn't thought of the fact that Ian turned it into an infinity pool, good one!

Power going in and out here in my corner of Jax. The retention pond behind my house is up about 2 ft; another few inches and it'll be at the bottom of the banks leading down from the houses (another 2 ft of ground there before backyard fences).

St Augustine is flooding. Seawall breached.

Please don't drive thru our area right now...it is safer to stay where you are.
Prayers for you

Anyone have their park reservations for tomorrow cancelled?
We have reservations for Animal Kingdom and they are still showing. I’m hoping that the rumored possible park closure for tomorrow will not be all the parks. Maybe they will open two of them and say park reservations are suspended tomorrow, go where you want. Just a thought… or maybe a wish.

UT would lose money though. They would just be giving you a free ticket that they already paid for. Focus your anger on Uni.
I used to work for a ticket reseller. The parks would not refund or alter ticket entitlements for tickets we sold to guests. The only modification they would do is upgrade. The guest was always told to contact us for assistance.

I do not know anything about the inner workings of UT, but if a guest needed to change a ticket with our company we could do it. For a partially used ticket it was more difficult as we had to contact UO to inactivate the rest of original ticket before we could apply the partial credit and any additional payment that might be needed and then issue a new ticket to the customer. We would also receive a partial credit back from UO so it wasn’t a loss. For an unused ticket, it was a simple refund and reissue in our point of sale system. We created tickets at the time of purchase instead of buying physical inventory in bulk and reselling it. If UT is still dealing in physical tickets it may be more difficult to change them out, but not impossible.

UT would lose money though. They would just be giving you a free ticket that they already paid for. Focus your anger on Uni.

Not if Universal authorized them to refund. I’m not angry at all, just irked a bit at myself for not reading the fine print. I value convenience over cost so even if one of them end up doing the right thing, I won’t buy from UT again. The hassle of dealing with it all isn’t worth the savings.

We have reservations for Animal Kingdom and they are still showing. I’m hoping that the rumored possible park closure for tomorrow will not be all the parks. Maybe they will open two of them and say park reservations are suspended tomorrow, go where you want. Just a thought… or maybe a wish.

At the risk of discussing rumor... I don't see how they could only open two parks tomorrow, without limits in place. The resorts right now are packed with guests who just want to get out and do something. There wouldn't be room for all these guests in two parks.

BTW, just a PSA….if people see stuff on the Internet/social media/etc that may be relevant to the Disney resorts/this thread/WDW planning, feel free to post them. I think sometimes people hesitate to post not knowing if it’s allowed or not, but there are very few sites where that applies. Post a link and if it is blocked the filter will do its thing, no harm no foul.

Disney World Extends Suspension of New Resort Hotel Reservations Until October 3rd

As Disney World continues to experience the effects of now Tropical Storm Ian, they have continued to extend the suspension on new resort hotel reservations. When we last checked, new resort hotel reservations were allowed beginning October 2nd, but Disney World has recently pushed that back a day. Now, new Disney World resort hotel reservations are suspended through October 2nd, with new reservations now available on October 3rd.

Disney World emergency management and operations teams will likely do an assessment of the theme parks and resorts later today as the weather conditions start to improve.

Currently, the Walt Disney World theme parks are scheduled to reopen tomorrow, September 30th. Disney World has said that the reopening date is tentative and subject to change based on conditions.

Disney World Extends Suspension of New Resort Hotel Reservations Until October 3rd

As Disney World continues to experience the effects of now Tropical Storm Ian, they have continued to extend the suspension on new resort hotel reservations. When we last checked, new resort hotel reservations were allowed beginning October 2nd, but Disney World has recently pushed that back a day. Now, new Disney World resort hotel reservations are suspended through October 2nd, with new reservations now available on October 3rd.

Disney World emergency management and operations teams will likely do an assessment of the theme parks and resorts later today as the weather conditions start to improve.

Currently, the Walt Disney World theme parks are scheduled to reopen tomorrow, September 30th. Disney World has said that the reopening date is tentative and subject to change based on conditions.
I appreciate that Disney is doing this. Gives me hope that, if my area is bad, I'll be able to stay another night or two. I'm scheduled to checkout Saturday.

According to Duke Energy, Horizon West seems to be OK. I believe we are on Disney's power grid.

Wonder if airport will be open tomorrow? We are scheduled to leave. Will be cutting it close as departure time is 12pm by airline. Plus getting a Lyft might be hard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter