Hurricane Ian - WDW Resorts Related Updates, Planning & Discussion

So We are at the Cascade Cabins, supposed to be here till Friday and received a letter this morning we need to be relocated. This was a once in a lifetime w trip for us and our “adult” kids. We were offered the Riviera 2 bedroom. I am beyond pissed! No other offering nothing from Disney other than we will reimburse the difference in points. BS! Either we leave today to go to RR or get out of the cabin at 8 am tmo! I’m sick over this! I get it it’s a terrible situation but jeez I hear so many times of how Disney does such “MAgical” things for people but I haven’t seen anything like that! Maybe it’s time to say goodbye to Disney and DVC
I’m curious what would have been acceptable in your opinion?

So We are at the Cascade Cabins, supposed to be here till Friday and received a letter this morning we need to be relocated. This was a once in a lifetime w trip for us and our “adult” kids. We were offered the Riviera 2 bedroom. I am beyond pissed! No other offering nothing from Disney other than we will reimburse the difference in points. BS! Either we leave today to go to RR or get out of the cabin at 8 am tmo! I’m sick over this! I get it it’s a terrible situation but jeez I hear so many times of how Disney does such “MAgical” things for people but I haven’t seen anything like that! Maybe it’s time to say goodbye to Disney and DVC
Ok .... Hopefully by this time you have seen the light.
You mentioned this is a life time trip. Disney is trying to SAVE YOUR LIFE.
What did you think it was going to be like during a hurricane ? Why did you stay ?
There is going to be ALOT of changes to your plans for the rest of this trip. ALOT!!!!!

Last edited:
When we were there…. We are DVC Disney did found us a room it was the full points no discount. It was a crappy view but happy To have the service we did… and they went out of their way to make sure we had a place to stay... even if I had to pay cash somewhere I would have been fine but they found us a room on points. What mote could I ask

We’re DVC members and are staying at Beach Club Villas. We’re due to have “trash & towels” tomorrow but have just come back to the room to find a bag of towels, toiletries, coffee, etc - looks like they’re forward planning.

We’re DVC members and are staying at Beach Club Villas. We’re due to have “trash & towels” tomorrow but have just come back to the room to find a bag of towels, toiletries, coffee, etc - looks like they’re forward planning.

Thank you for sharing your on the ground experience.

Although I can definitely see your disappointment- what did you want them to do? They have to evacuate them so they have to move you somewhere else. There’s obviously nothing of that room class that is going to compare. Not to mention there’s probably not too many rooms available right now. They have no control over the weather and they are moving you to probably the best room they have available and giving you your points back. I can see disappointment but really don’t understand what you expected 🤷🏼‍♀️

I would be thankful for what they are doing, you will have a roof over your head, and be sheltered from the hurricane. I feel so bad for all those people having to leave their homes, not knowing what they will come back to. People take the little things for granted.

Look at the bright side. You'll have access to the lobby and restaurants without leaving the building.

We are suppose to leave NW Louisiana Friday night and drive overnight to get to WDW port Orleans FQ around 9am Saturday.

Really worried about I-75 and the Toll road.

Our daughter is just distraught and upset about this situation.

We are suppose to leave NW Louisiana Friday night and drive overnight to get to WDW port Orleans FQ around 9am Saturday.

I'd still plan to go. The storm may pass by late Friday.

Would you seriously prefer to risk your lives and stay in a cabin that could be destroyed by a hurricane? Disney is offering you a safer location to ride out the storm and you're pissed at them? You are not being reasonable.
I don’t expect the cabin to get blown away. It’s more like they want people where they can see them because in this day and age so many people go out and do stupid things to post to Tiktok or whatnot. They don’t want people trying to record videos outside to post and then getting injured on Disney property.

Do you hear yourself right now? This reeks of privilege. What do you want them to do for you? Roll out the red carpet? There are people who could lose their homes, who could be working at Disney keeping you safe and happy. It's okay to be disappointed but the way you are acting is super entitled and you really need to work on changing your perspective. Maybe it is time to say goodby eto Disney and DVC, and stay home.

This is I-75 heading north out of central Florida - not my pic. A fair number of those people will be heading back to assess damage as soon as the storm passes. You might have a rough go of it. We evacuated for Floyd in 1999 and stayed with relatives in Valdosta. After it passed we started to head home, got to the interstate, saw the traffic, and then turned around and waited another day.

Attachments

• 36BF5F95-0A25-4047-A15D-46EA3C9DD0E0.jpeg
    36BF5F95-0A25-4047-A15D-46EA3C9DD0E0.jpeg
    59.2 KB · Views: 23
South Floridian, here. Was planning to go up Thursday for my birthday trip and come back Sunday. Even had Hoop De Doo booked for Friday (which is now cancelled). It stinks, but I decided to cut off Thursday from the trip. We’ll go up sometime on Friday.

Stay safe everyone!

Do you hear yourself right now? This reeks of privilege. What do you want them to do for you? Roll out the red carpet? There are people who could lose their homes, who could be working at Disney keeping you safe and happy. It's okay to be disappointed but the way you are acting is super entitled and you really need to work on changing your perspective. Maybe it is time to say goodby eto Disney and DVC, and stay home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter