Hurricane Dorian

This morning’s track updates are raising the hope that this will not have a major impact on the Orlando area. 🤞

Too early for anyone to let their guard down, but maybe more like Matthew than Irma.

Welp. I changed my flight to sunday at my husband request so I will be out of here.

Keep an eye open for more fast passes becoming available. They are only for one person though.

I already cancelled my dining reservations.

I know zilch about hurricanes- how far in advance do you get notice of what might become a hurricane? I know the basics, that it’s a combo of ocean temp and wind, and I think they generally start out as disturbances off Africa... just looking for a little 101 on when NHS starts tracking potential storms? A couple weeks out?
There is another disturbance off the coast of Africa that has a very good potential of turning into something. Go to the National Hurricane Center for information.

Last edited:

There is another disturbance off the coast of Africa that has a very good potential of turning into something. Go to the National Hurricane Center for information.

Very good? More like so-so. It has a 60% chance of turning into a tropical depression in the next 5 days. Long ways to go before there's even any speculation as to whether it comes close to mainland U.S.

Here is the best link to see what is on the horizon. The main page has a map that shows what's out there. The big Yellow X's what is in the early development stages. Hover over the Yellow Xs to get details and also the Hurricane Dorian.
ohh. very interesting! I didn't realize there was more info about that stuff when hovering over the X's. Thanks!

I'm at the BC due to check out on Tuesday and drive back to Tampa. When I checked in I asked to be put on the waiting list for extending my stay due to the hurricane. The front desk called last night and I went down and they could keep me in my same room here on Tuesday night for 25% off rack rate or $346.

I will probably check out on Monday and was assured that I would get a full refund for Monday night.

Where are you at in brevard? We live in brevard also but not in a mandatory evacuation zone
Hi @Haley R I think you just moved to Brevard recently? There was an announcement early Sat. Morning and they changed it to later. I hope you are boarding up and stay safe. We are at the Gran Destino and are booked until Friday. We have been through too many hurricanes and this one is a very dangerous storm. At the very least we would get some flooding and at the worse no longer have a roof/trees, etc. Tornados are also possible and with Irma one hit Rockledge.

Hi @Haley R I think you just moved to Brevard recently? There was an announcement early Sat. Morning and they changed it to later. I hope you are boarding up and stay safe. We are at the Gran Destino and are booked until Friday. We have been through too many hurricanes and this one is a very dangerous storm. At the very least we would get some flooding and at the worse no longer have a roof/trees, etc. Tornados are also possible and with Irma one hit Rockledge.
We actually just left today. We’re at AKL in a studio until Thursday. We have our two cats with us and are some frozen meals for lunch lol.

We were at WL from last Thursday until yesterday. We were supposed to be leaving today to fly home but when our flight was cancelled yesterday around noon I was able to get us on the last SW flight out. Around 4:30pm as we were leaving to head to the airport I stopped at the front desk to let them know we had to leave and why. I was told I would be given a full refund (we paid in full before arrival) for our last night. I was surprised due to the time of day but the CM said it's in line with the hurricane policy. I wasn't asking for anything, yes we were very disappointed to be leaving early but stuff happens. Anyway, out of curiosity I just looked at my CC account and I got a refund all right but it was only $132....not the $360 that I paid.

We were at WL from last Thursday until yesterday. We were supposed to be leaving today to fly home but when our flight was cancelled yesterday around noon I was able to get us on the last SW flight out. Around 4:30pm as we were leaving to head to the airport I stopped at the front desk to let them know we had to leave and why. I was told I would be given a full refund (we paid in full before arrival) for our last night. I was surprised due to the time of day but the CM said it's in line with the hurricane policy. I wasn't asking for anything, yes we were very disappointed to be leaving early but stuff happens. Anyway, out of curiosity I just looked at my CC account and I got a refund all right but it was only $132....not the $360 that I paid.
Make sure you inquire about why you didn't get your full refund!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter