Hurricane Dorian / WDW Theme Parks Discussion

Pending what time on Wed could make it in. It's supposed to be north of Jacksonville by late Wed

Which is a reason why I still plan on driving down Wed. I'll just leave later than in the morning though. Probably take us 19 to Ocala and jump on 75 there instead of I10 to i75 as that will keep me more west for a good portion

The eye is expected to be north, but the storm is massive. Rain bands have already arrived in Jacksonville.

Looks like Orlando is out of the cone in the latest update. I wouldn’t expect anymore big changes in hours. Maybe opening late on Wed.

Changed to Thursday, arriving at 2pm. Was just to risky to try to fly in on Wednesday - I don't think the airport will be open.

Praying nothing major changes. I think Dorian did enough damage already :(

Good news: got reservations at be our guest just now :O

For those at WDW tonight:

Nighttime Entertainment Adjustments

• Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom Park will continue as scheduled Monday, Sept. 2, however, due to high winds, a modified version of Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Spectacular show will be presented.
  • IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth at Epcot has been canceled on Monday, Sept. 2.
  • Disney’s Hollywood Studios will present a modified version of Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular on Monday, Sept. 2.
  • The 9:30 p.m. Rivers of Light show has been canceled at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park on Monday, Sept. 2.

Only to reverse course 18 hours later after thousands of people scrambled to make other arrangements in the interim. Based on the info available at that time, Tuesday should always have been the day.
I don’t think that we can be Monday morning quarterbacks regarding the decisions made. We don’t know what information was available to the decision makers at that time. And we don’t know what other factors may influence those decisions.

Yeah we got the call from the Airlines at 3p saying our flight was cancelled for Wednesday. So now I have to wait till tomorrow to call my travel agent and see if we can move out trip by one day and see if I can get airline tickets. UGH!

It looks like for tomorrow both Magic Kingdom and EPCOT have modified hours from 7 am until 3 pm the Walt Disney World website has been updated. So after MNSSHP tonight were up at 5:30am to go to Epcot in the morning woo hoo. Another year for an E ticket ride I wasn’t expecting #thanksDorian

Yeah we got the call from the Airlines at 3p saying our flight was cancelled for Wednesday. So now I have to wait till tomorrow to call my travel agent and see if we can move out trip by one day and see if I can get airline tickets. UGH!
How frustrating.
Could you email your TA today to give them a heads up ? No guarantee, but you might hear back this afternoon/evening.

It looks like for tomorrow both Magic Kingdom and EPCOT have modified hours from 7 am until 3 pm the Walt Disney World website has been updated. So after MNSSHP tonight were up at 5:30am to go to Epcot in the morning woo hoo. Another year for an E ticket ride I wasn’t expecting #thanksDorian

Just so it's totally clear to casual readers:

MK: 8am-3pm park hours with 7am-8am EMHs

Epcot: 7am-3pm park hours

Just so it's totally clear to casual readers:

MK: 8am-3pm park hours with 7am-8am EMHs

Epcot: 7am-3pm park hours
I wonder if the World Showcase will still open at 11 like it normally does or will they open it earlier as well?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter