• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hurricane Dorian / WDW Theme Parks Discussion

I officially couldn't take it anymore and am now switching to end of September. I hope everyone stays safe and Dorian makes that turn East and goes far off to sea!
We left yesterday late afternoon, still driving after stopping overnight in Georgia. Honestly, our concern was more about sitting in our room for a few days, possible damage to our car and if we would be able to get out toward the end of the week, so we left. It was a stressful few days just trying to enjoy ourselves while keeping an eye on the weather. The low crowds for MNSSHP and F&W were great, but it’s always in the back of your mind and everyone was on their phones watching for updates or talking to each other about it.
Gas availability was an issue going down, at some stations in the area, and going back up until mid Georgia. We parked the car with a full tank and used Lyft to get around. I feel like being a visitor, you don’t have the means to make proper preparations and we’re on time constraints for when we need to get back to where we live. I’m sure the low crowds are still great, albeit a little eerie- like Disney Springs yesterday with a more than half empty orange garage and super light crowds.

Sitting in the room at Pop Century Resort after a run from a late rainstorm wondering if we are going to be able to fly out Wednesday night or not oh well guess we get an extra day possibly. On the upside the Mickeys not so scary Halloween party is still set to go off this evening from what I understand which we have tickets for should be interesting!

Sitting in the room at Pop Century Resort after a run from a late rainstorm wondering if we are going to be able to fly out Wednesday night or not oh well guess we get an extra day possibly. On the upside the Mickeys not so scary Halloween party is still set to go off this evening from what I understand which we have tickets for should be interesting!
Have fun! Stay safe! Report back on the party! :)

....I was able to walk on (no waiting whatsoever) on Peter Pan, IASW, Carousel, Tea Cups, Buzz, Peoplemover, Magic Carpet, meet Tiana and Rapunzel, watch the welcome ceremony from inside the castle....
Off topic but....you can watch the welcome show from INSIDE the castle??

Be safe everyone! Fingers crossed it heads far out to sea. I'm starting to worry about our flight Sat. out of Islip :upsidedow
My husband has a flight out of Islip on Friday. His mom has cancer and is having scheduled surgery in Orlando on Wednesday (already rescheduled once). I'm hoping that her surgery goes as planned and my DH is able to get down there to take care of her post-op! :worried:
My nephew goes to college in Wilmington and they just cancelled classes for the next week. I wish this storm would veer off to sea already.

Not sure if anyone already posted this, but I had to reschedule my trip due to Dorian and Disney gave me all of my previously scheduled FP+ reservations to use for my next vacation in November!

Example: for 1 of my days I had FP+ for Splash Mountain, Big Thunder and Seven Dwarves. They gave me all 3 of these in a separate tab under my plans in the app. As far as I’m aware these are in addition to the ones I have yet to book yet. Since I had 4 days reserved, now I have a whopping 12 extra FP+ for my next trip that can be used at any time throughout the trip! Woohoo!

My husband has a flight out of Islip on Friday. His mom has cancer and is having scheduled surgery in Orlando on Wednesday (already rescheduled once). I'm hoping that her surgery goes as planned and my DH is able to get down there to take care of her post-op! :worried:
My nephew goes to college in Wilmington and they just cancelled classes for the next week. I wish this storm would veer off to sea already.
That's terrible ❤ sending well wishes to your MIL. Thankfully SW is good about switching the flights and will get him there. I hope he makes it there this weekend too. I've been taking care of my parents for months now. I can't imagine being that far away and not being able to be there. Good luck :goodvibes

Before going to work I was watching the news on the biggest tv channel in The Netherlands and to my surprise who popped up on tv... Pete Werner. He is famous in Holland now! LOL ;) www .rtlnieuws.nl/video/uitzendingen/video/4834146/rtl-nieuws-0900-uur -- ( Around 5:13 )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter