Hungry bear fantasmic package

sunshiinedaydream

Mouseketeer
Just reserved hb package for 4:30 on 5/4. It’s Me, DH, DS(3) and DS(1). Does anyone have any reviews of the food offerings for this? I’m thinking of just ordering all three things (minus the veggie option) and buying a chicken nugget meal on top of it for the kiddos to fight over. Then we can all just try whatever we want (my 3 yo is super picky and will probably only try the chicken nuggets).

Also what time should we go to our section for fantasmic first showing? I booked it with hopes we would not be sitting around for over an hour with two wild little boys, but everything I’m reading says to show up 90min + before the show! Is this necessary?

And one more question, we would stay there for mickeys mix magic with fireworks. For those who have stayed at their fantasmic section, how is watching that show from here?

Bonus question! I have horrible neuropathy and sciatic pain and this’ll be our last day at the parks (4 days total). What are some tips for things I can bring to sit on that evening?

Thanks! 4 days until we leave! :dancer:

Last edited:
I don’t have reviews but many I’ve read say you can order of the regular menu and sub the items if that helps!
We’ve eaten here a lot before and normally just get the burgers. I like all the offerings for the package, just wondering if any were definite hits or misses. I’m sure DH will be happy to know that he can just get a good ol burger and fries though.

Yes, with the HB package you can order off the regular menu as well as from the dining package menu, but you will pay the dining package price regardless. MMM viewing from the ROA is fine, but not quite as immersive as it is from Main Street or from IASW. But it's also not as crowded, and you won't have to wait for your spots since you'll already be there. How long you wait to line up for your viewing area depends on how much you care about where you sit. If you really aren't that picky -- you just want to be in the reserved area and can see from the back just fine -- and the parks aren't that crowded that day -- then, technically, you could show up 15 minutes before the show and find spots. If you are picky about viewing spots, then I would invest more time in getting there early -- 60-90 minutes before the show should get you prime spots. Maybe you could get your spots, then take turns taking the boys to the restroom and walking around and getting a snack to bring back before getting the next kid for his turn. By the time you finish, the show should be about to start.

We did this a year ago on Memorial Day. We had the first time slot for HB pickup, 3 p.m. I don't know if it's related to that, but the food was really good, hot and fresh. We had 3 of the 4 different offerings (all except the vegetarian frittata) and all were good. The 2 teens with me weren't thrilled about the wild rice medley, said it was okay-- I liked it.

It wasn't crowded in the HB section that night, although the Blue Bayou section next to us was packed. Only the first two rows in front of the railing filled up. We found we actually had a better view sitting about 15 feet back. The view was great. Maybe not quite as centered on the water screen effects as the BB folks, but just fine. Fireworks viewing was also great. I don't think you'd have to show up 90 minutes before; I think that's more if you have a regular FP for the standing viewing areas. Any place you sit in this section you're going to have a good view, in my opinion. You can show up 15 minutes before, seated at the back of the area, and still see fine. We did get there an hour before, but we were tired and happy to sit, snack, people watch, and take bathroom breaks (you have to ask a CM for a pass to leave the area and get back in, when you go to the restrooms). For the hard cobblestones, I had a sweatshirt that I folded up to sit on. I also had a pair of cheap flip flops that I'd used on Splash, which doubled as a base pad when turned upside down, and helped the sweatshirt be adequate padding to sit on. Plus, you could get up and move around a bit at the back if you need to, until the show starts-- it's only then you need to stay seated in one place.

OP: when you pick up your meals, ask if HB is still taking walk ups for the F! package for the first show. If they are, then your section shouldn't be packed. If they aren't, then give yourself a little more time to line up. The lower passes are blocked on 5/4, so it shouldn't be too super crowded that day.

OP: when you pick up your meals, ask if HB is still taking walk ups for the F! package for the first show. If they are, then your section shouldn't be packed. If they aren't, then give yourself a little more time to line up. The lower passes are blocked on 5/4, so it shouldn't be too super crowded that day.
This is a great tip! Didn’t think of that, thank you

We planned this package for our last day in the parks. I’m now seeing that Saturday night/Sunday forecast shows rain. We will obviously keep an eye on this up until our cancellation cutoff, but what happens if we spend $30 each for packaged food and then there’s no show?

What are some tips for things I can bring to sit on that evening?
We brought knee pads made for gardening to use as cushions. I got them at the dollar tree. 2 for adults, 1 works for little kids. They worked great.

I don’t have reviews but many I’ve read say you can order of the regular menu and sub the items if that helps!
When we did the package Feb and Sept last year, we could order off the regular menu, but we couldn't mix and match. We couldn't choose an entree from the F! menu, and a side from the regular menu.
We also noticed better quality when we chose an earlier time slot.

Piggie backing the OP, I've read that Fantasmic is offered in MaxPass now. If you have MaxPass is paying $30pp worth it for this?

Piggie backing the OP, I've read that Fantasmic is offered in MaxPass now. If you have MaxPass is paying $30pp worth it for this?

The fast pass for Fantasmic! is a "cattle-call"..... standing only and totally squished in to a small, not great viewing area--even waiting a good hour beforehand and being very close to the front of the "line" (and I use that word quite loosely!!)

We have seen Fantasmic twice since the viewing changes and the FP area is a joke. We got a good spot both times but you have to get there at least an hour early and then they make you stand at least 30 mins before the show as they cram so many people in you can barely breathe. I'd say keep your reservations unless you expect rain.

The Dining Package FP areas for F! have the best views: centered (in this order, left to right: HB, BB, RBT), right up at the waterfront, sitting on the ground -- so no one standing in front of you and no shoulder kids. Yes, IMO, it's worth it if the budget allows.

The Dining Package FP areas for F! have the best views: centered (in this order, left to right: HB, BB, RBT), right up at the waterfront, sitting on the ground -- so no one standing in front of you and no shoulder kids. Yes, IMO, it's worth it if the budget allows.

Luckily I went with my gut and I ended up booking a last minute Dining package yesterday. We went with RBT, and I don’t know if it was a change in SOP, pixie dust, or an incompetent/ill-informed CM, but we were front and center of Lafitte's Tavern/Harper's Mill. There were def people around us with the BB cushions. RBT was fine, although one daughter couldn’t find anything to eat on the kids menu so I got her the (plain) fried chicken sandwich off the adults menu and I had to get the kids ribs whomp whomp. Service and food quality was mediocre to good. I did really enjoy the salad, dessert, and fresh veggie/fruit options, but overall the food was just ok (I was never a fan of overly sweet BBQ sauce). But the reserved viewing spot was totally worth it. Curious if we would have been sat there with HB.

We didn’t get to the park until 1:30 and all F! FP were gone.

Last edited:
We’ve never seen this show in the 6 years we’ve been going. So today we decided to make a HB Fantasmic reservation on our last day of our short trip this year. Doing the last day so we can sleep in the next day

So, can they only order kids menu items off the regular menu?
I am not sure about that. Last time we went, my nearly 9 yr old wanted the chicken sandwich off the regular menu. They charged me the full adult price for it, but the CM helping me was new and very unsure of how to use the register, so ymmv.

Slightly off topic, but all the seating is on the ground in the package areas, correct? I am unable to sit on the ground, so would not make sense for me to book one if that is the case. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter