Hungry Bear cupcake

dlawallace

I believe in the Magic!!!
Do they still have the lemon cupcake here? It seems to not be on any of the current menus and I was really hoping to try it on our upcoming trip :)

I haven't gone over there to confirm yet, but I've heard here that it is off the menu. So sad, it was delicious!

It's gone and as I told my husband yesterday " Hungry Bear stole my joy when they took away the bumblebee cupcake" lol

Nooooooo! The bumblebee cupcake is my absolute favorite treat in the park!

Nooooooo! The bumblebee cupcake is my absolute favorite treat in the park!

I know I'm seriously distraught over it.

My husband jokingly said if we get stopped to take a survey ( we seriously ALWAYS DO , except this trip HAH) I should tell them Hungry Bear stole my joy to see their reaction. But it's true..sigh.

I had to console myself with a cake pop which was delicious and decadent but..it's not my bumblebee cupcake !

Yeah, I'm not feeling this change. I was looking forward to that cupcake on my upcoming visit.

Oh no! I'm so glad I had it when I went in June. Why would they get rid of it? It was very popular.

That cupcake was the only one I would eat at DL and I am a huge fan of cupcakes! It was so delicious. I was so sad to see it go :(

I haven't tried to make them yet, but here's the recipe for those of you brave or talented enough to try.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2015/...bee-cupcakes-from-the-hungry-bear-restaurant/

A comment on that recipe is funny...they got all hung up with it calling for boxed cake mix. Um, just make your own lemon batter if you want. :) I recreated Paula Deen's "is it really better than sex" cake as a totally from-scratch, using organic ingredients. Used my yellow cake recipe from the Betty Crocker cookbook, used the pudding recipe from the same, etc etc.

If I make the HB recipe I'll be doing it without the totally silly gelatin, after all. (why disney thinks they need the stability of gelatin when they KNOW they'll sell out before anything gets mushy, I will never know) Oh and besides the gelatin, the ingredients from the blog are nothing like what they were at HB. The ingredient list wasn't pretty!

I haven't tried to make them yet, but here's the recipe for those of you brave or talented enough to try.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2015/...bee-cupcakes-from-the-hungry-bear-restaurant/

I tried the recipe a couple of months ago. The icing was my favourite part of the bumblebee cupcake, and the icing in this recipe came very close to that, with an amazing texture that doesn't fall apart in room temperature. I have always wondered how they manage to keep their shape in the heat. Turns out the gelatin in the lemon curd does the trick.

I've never tried this cupcake but I love lemon and you're all making me sad that I missed out, lol! :(

Here it is in all it's beautiful yumminess! RIP Bumblebee Cupcake :(

544259_10200246439019149_656184483_n_zpscf1vka8l.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter