Hunger Games question: What district of Panem would you be from based on geography?

Hunger Games question: What district of Panem would you be from based on geography?
:confused3 I'm not right up on this...can you show me a map? Now if you asked me my Divergent faction, or what Aes Sedai Ajah I would belong to or where I would live in Westeros, that would be easier. :teeth: Yes, I'm a fantasy-genre fan.

Last edited:

Pennsylvania where we raised our family, is totally DIstrict 12.

Seems a lot of detached people in wealthier areas with oodles of plastic surgery and haute couture could be the founding fathers of The Capitol. They have signs about lives mattering but don't seem to invite any of those lives into their neighborhoods, maybe at some point they will pick a place and build a moat.

I've never seen that map before, very interesting. I'd be living in Dist. 2. Although, in the movie, didn't the train take them through all (most) of the districts?

I assumed people just moved more inland after WW3. I wonder if the author will ever talk about the other countries outside of North America 🌎 in a future book if the series is ever expanded upon?

It's unclear where some of the districts are.

For example, some have 4 around the new gulf coast. Others have it in the great lakes. Still others have it on what is left of the west coast. Some have 1 as Southern California. Others have California under water.
Of the districts we know, 12 is likely in appalachia, 13 the northeast. 7 is very likely the Northwest, 1 in what remains of the southwest. We know the capital is somewhere in the Rocky Mountains.

I'm a water person so I'd be District 4, wherever that is.

Um, 13 - from what little I know of the story, I think that means I'd have been gone before the book started. :rotfl2:

Last edited:
It's unclear where some of the districts are.

For example, some have 4 around the new gulf coast. Others have it in the great lakes. Still others have it on what is left of the west coast. Some have 1 as Southern California. Others have California under water.
Of the districts we know, 12 is likely in appalachia, 13 the northeast. 7 is very likely the Northwest, 1 in what remains of the southwest. We know the capital is somewhere in the Rocky Mountains.

I'm a water person so I'd be District 4, wherever that is.
District four was the fishing district.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter