HUGE Mystery at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Jambo

Still a cast member is telling other guests a family’s itinerary and vacation budget which could be a termination offense so not too smart or ethical.

I agree that all CMs should have tight lips when it comes to guest info. If someone wanted to know the identity of the family on their previous trip they should find it out the old fashioned way.....

.....by reading the family's name that was custom shrinkwrapped on the sides of the ME busses they chartered.
:rotfl2:

I agree that all CMs should have tight lips when it comes to guest info. If someone wanted to know the identity of the family on their previous trip they should find it out the old fashioned way.....

.....by reading the family's name that was custom shrinkwrapped on the sides of the ME busses they chartered.
:rotfl2:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I told my DH about this and he commented that ‘the family’ must be economizing this trip as they are only spending 6 million instead of the 8 million on the last trip. That’s a 20% savings!
25% discount. 6,000,000/8,000.000 = .75

Seems cast members are often in the know about big guests. I was at Boardwalk once when Elton John was due to arrive. All kinds of activity was taking place. Cars were not allowed to sit up front, carts and luggage could not sit out, it was noticeable. And the CMs spilled it.

Disney is certainly nothing like high end hotels - Ritz, 4 Seasons, etc. - you would NEVER hear any of this from a team member!

Doing my sleuthing, this family is VERY wealthy - self made. I'm glad they can do this kind of thing. The daughter says they "do" Disney every 4 years.

That said.. they have a huge foundation - commonly a slush fund for the wealthy. Makes me wonder if they've found a way to write off some of the cost of these trips. Fuzzy math and all that.

I just remembered to come back to this and find out who the VIP was - I'm a bit let down, LOL.

I can't imagine spending $6 million at Disney! That's nuts, but hey, I can get everything I would want in a Disney vacation for under $10k so there's that.

I hope the family enjoyed their stay!

Disney is certainly nothing like high end hotels - Ritz, 4 Seasons, etc. - you would NEVER hear any of this from a team member!

Doing my sleuthing, this family is VERY wealthy - self made. I'm glad they can do this kind of thing. The daughter says they "do" Disney every 4 years.

That said.. they have a huge foundation - commonly a slush fund for the wealthy. Makes me wonder if they've found a way to write off some of the cost of these trips. Fuzzy math and all that.
Not sure about self made. They have deleted the guys name but I was able to google him and I would say he’s more of a crook than a self made millionaire.

Not sure about self made. They have deleted the guys name but I was able to google him and I would say he’s more of a crook than a self made millionaire.
Agreed.
From an article in a NY Newspaper
– whose firm for years held the record fine for cheating investors – was barred from the industry for dodging new probes.

I can't imagine spending $6 million at Disney! That's nuts, but hey, I can get everything I would want in a Disney vacation for under $10k so there's that.

It’s all relative. I’m sure to many people who make minimum wage spending $10k on a vacation would be hard to fathom as well. I try not to worry about what others are spending and just be grateful I’m able to go to WDW with my family!

It’s all relative. I’m sure to many people who make minimum wage spending $10k on a vacation would be hard to fathom as well. I try not to worry about what others are spending and just be grateful I’m able to go to WDW with my family!
Heck, I can't imagine spending either $10K or $6M on ONE vacation!

Folks, please keep information that could make the guest identifiable out of the thread. The details of where he works, the company name, etc, are not relevant to the discussion.

A quick google found this quote from someone on another Disney site:

"I found the resume of someone that worked as an event planner at WDW until 2013 and listed this...

"Xxxxxx Family Vacation 10’ – Boardwalk Resort/Hollywood Studios, WDW" (I removed name)

They do this big family trip "every 4 years".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter