HUB GRASS?

ksueboo

Mouseketeer
Has the Hub grass area been open for fireworks viewing? We generally end up watching HEA too close to the castle. We want to take in every glorious moment of the show and wondered specifically where is the best spot. I see maps with color coded sections that are marked as “best, good, fair” etc, but it still a little vague. I assume the hub grass is one of the best since it used to be a FP+ choice. What’s your specific top spot for the best view??

It is open. The grass area in front of the plaza is VIP. The other area is open for anyone. I stopped and asked last week when we were there.

Don't forget the Dessert Parties are starting back up and they use hub grass, how much we don't know yet.

It is open. The grass area in front of the plaza is VIP. The other area is open for anyone. I stopped and asked last week when we were there.
Excellent, I didn’t think about a VIP section being a thing right now. Good to know!

Standing behind the little fences are a favourite spots as it means nobody will be directly in front of you when the fireworks start as people will always stand once they start.

View attachment 605351

:thumbsup2 We even do that when not on grass, anywhere you can be on the fences you at least have enough gap in space to keep clear view.

Don't forget the Dessert Parties are starting back up and they use hub grass, how much we don't know yet.
As the dessert parties get back on track, most of that space will be used by the parties as you mentioned.
Enjoy using the grassy areas while you can.

Standing behind the little fences are a favourite spots as it means nobody will be directly in front of you when the fireworks start as people will always stand once they start.

View attachment 605351

YES!! This was our strategy for our first viewing of HEA and it worked flawlessly. My wife and I are both very short people and it eliminated the possibility of a giraffe standing in front of us. :rotfl2:

Labor Day weekend and the Tuesday after both grass areas were blocked off. We looked at both on 2 different nights wanting to be there. We instead got great places but would have preferred to be in those areas.

Labor Day weekend and the Tuesday after both grass areas were blocked off. We looked at both on 2 different nights wanting to be there. We instead got great places but would have preferred to be in those areas.

Right before Labor Day, they were using the Hub Grass area (at least the on in front of The Plaza) for Club33 and VIP Tours.

Does anyone know the current situation on hub grass fireworks viewing?

If facing the castle, the "right" garden area is the dessert party viewing area, the "left" garden area is reserved for VIP tours and such. I have occasionally in the past seen the left garden area only partially reserved but in more recent times seems to be fully reserved nightly.

The dessert party link on the Disney website says fireworks viewing is at Tomorrowland terrace. Are there different parties?

The dessert party link on the Disney website says fireworks viewing is at Tomorrowland terrace. Are there different parties?
The food/drinks are there for parties.
There may be more options but the ones I'm aware of are:
1. "Pre-Party" Eat Food/Drink then go to the lawn area to view the show
2. "Treats and Seats" Eat Food/Drink and stay in Tomorrowland terrace to view the show.
3. "After-Party" Go to the lawn area to view the show after it is over eat Food/Drink

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter