HS strategy now that everything is tier 1

What time are you planning to arrive for the EEMH? We’ll be there that same week and I’m not sure how early we need to get there. I was thinking to do the same thing and schedule first FP for 9am, but worried that we might miss it depending on how long the wait to get into GE and ride MFSR is...
4:30?? Not sure lol. We'll be at BCV so can walk over. Naps will be a must!!

Ill be interested to see what it does to the refresh strategy. I actually think it works in the favor of those who use refresh. Get an early FP for one of the tier 1 rides whichever it may be, then burn 2 on other things, then start refreshing. I think it will still work. As much as I have said Ill stay far away from HS after SGE opens, we may test out refresh one morning in late September and see how it works. Over the past couple of years, even after TSL opened, we have had no problem getting 5-7 FPs in a morning at HS, and able to find pretty much anything we wanted. We shall see how this effects the prior strategy.
Refresh means using your app to get more fps (like the kiosks)?

Yes, basically you get on the app and keep changing times or rides depending on what you're looking for, if the time slot you want doesn't show refresh it.

The tier changes have made it easier not to stay very long in Hollywood Studios.

We'll probably make our Tier 1 FP and Tier 2 FPs for earlier in the day, then walk around a bit and see if either the SDD, TSM, TOT or RNR lines are long. If they are, then we'll head on back to our resort and enjoy the amenities there or maybe burn our HS Tier 2 FPs to revisit another park and get more FPs.

You don’t need to use 3 fp at Hollywood in order to book a tier one (or two) fp at another park. You just can’t have fp booked for two parks at the same time.

You don’t need to use 3 fp at Hollywood in order to book a tier one (or two) fp at another park. You just can’t have fp booked for two parks at the same time.

This is misleading/incorrect. You can only book 3 fp in advance at a single park. Only after you’ve used those 3 or they’ve expired can you then book fp, one at a time, at a different park.

This is misleading/incorrect. You can only book 3 fp in advance at a single park. Only after you’ve used those 3 or they’ve expired can you then book fp, one at a time, at a different park.

Sorry, this is incorrect and the PP has it right. You may find the FP FAQ Addendum helpful, specifically Post #4.

Sorry, this is incorrect and the PP has it right. You may find the FP FAQ Addendum helpful, specifically Post #4.
My post was in regards to the previous member saying they had 3 passes booked in advance. That’s why I felt it was a bit misleading/incorrect for this discussion...Book 3 in advance, gotta use em at the same park.

My post was in regards to the previous member saying they had 3 passes booked in advance. That’s why I felt it was a bit misleading/incorrect for this discussion...Book 3 in advance, gotta use em at the same park.

I have no wish to take this thread too far off-topic, so I’ll say my peace and leave it here. The PP did not say “they had 3 passes booked in advance” already, but that they’ll “probably make” them. The subsequent poster appears to be offering a reasonable alternative to that approach, and is completely correct in their statement.

We're going before Aug, so I haven't been keeping up, but are you not able to get f/passes for the new Star Wars ride? If you are we would fast past that for mid morning if possible and hit as many as the others (Tnt, To t, TSL) 6-9am... burn the first 2 fastpasses for 9-10am, and 10-11am and then once you use your real f/p at Star Wars new ride try to get a 4th real fastpass.

We're going before Aug, so I haven't been keeping up, but are you not able to get f/passes for the new Star Wars ride? If you are we would fast past that for mid morning if possible and hit as many as the others (Tnt, To t, TSL) 6-9am... burn the first 2 fastpasses for 9-10am, and 10-11am and then once you use your real f/p at Star Wars new ride try to get a 4th real fastpass.

No FPs for SW:GE attractions for now.

I think we will be entering DHS very late in the day and shooting for SWGE at near closing. That is IF we go to the park.

My strategy: RD at 6a.m. and hoping the crowds are heading to SWGE (no real interest), and doing SDD, ToT, RnRC as often as possible before crowds built up, then heading back to the hotel to sleep. FPs at other parks in the afternoon or evening. If not RD than burning the Tier 2-FPs and constantely refresh for the headliners... Fantasmic on my arrival evening and Muppets when I'm at DHS during the operating hours of the theater.

Oh well...

After looking at what rides are now Tier 1 (pretty much any ride my party would be interested in), I think we'll just get a Tier 1 FP for whatever ride is available for our timeframe. We'll get in line for another Tier 1 ride, enjoy TSL, then leave; we aren't a show-going crowd and reserving two Tier 2 FPs just to burn them is useless if we can't get a Tier 1 ride FP for later in the day (if at all). From a mental health standpoint, it's just not worth the hassle and anxiety it may cause; we're taking a vacation to escape this kind of madness!

HS is now set up to be more spontaneous; why fight it...

Can someone tell me if this scenario will work/is allowed? I'm thinking of going to HS on our arrival night to try and get one or two of the Tier One rides under our belt before our full HS day later in the week. If we planned to arrive around 6pm, would I be able to pre-book two Tier 2 fastpasses for early in the day before we even arrive and let them expire and pre-book the third fastpass for a Tier 1 ride that we would actually use at the beginning of our time in the park? I'm thinking then, I would be able to start refreshing in hopes of booking at least one more Tier 1 ride before the night's end. I just didn't know if you could book fastpasses and let them expire to get them out of the way when you aren't even on property yet.

Can someone tell me if this scenario will work/is allowed? I'm thinking of going to HS on our arrival night to try and get one or two of the Tier One rides under our belt before our full HS day later in the week. If we planned to arrive around 6pm, would I be able to pre-book two Tier 2 fastpasses for early in the day before we even arrive and let them expire and pre-book the third fastpass for a Tier 1 ride that we would actually use at the beginning of our time in the park? I'm thinking then, I would be able to start refreshing in hopes of booking at least one more Tier 1 ride before the night's end. I just didn't know if you could book fastpasses and let them expire to get them out of the way when you aren't even on property yet.
Yes you can book the two fast passes earlier in the day to let them expire before you get there. Some people report having issues booking more when you don't actually tap in. I've done it before and had it work and not work for me.

The tier changes have made it easier not to stay very long in Hollywood Studios.

We'll probably make our Tier 1 FP and Tier 2 FPs for earlier in the day, then walk around a bit and see if either the SDD, TSM, TOT or RNR lines are long. If they are, then we'll head on back to our resort and enjoy the amenities there or maybe burn our HS Tier 2 FPs to revisit another park and get more FPs.

We had planned that HS would be our last park visit during our vacation; glad it worked out that way (HS was the lowest priority park anyways, even with TSL and SWGE there). Unfortunately, this new FP tier policy Disney has implemented has made a visit to HS less attractive for people that like to go on the rides.

What tier changes? When we were there last Fall, all the Toy Story rides were tier one, and everything else was tier 2. That`s no longer the case?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter