HS Rope Drop Avoid Toy Story Land?

choover2576

Mouseketeer
I keep tweaking our Hollywood Studios touring plan and can't commit! We will be going to Hollywood Studios the day before Thanksgiving (so, a 10 on the crowd scale).

We are a party of 4 with an 8 year old and 11 year old and can move fairly quickly, but I'm anxious about the morning rope drop crush for Toy Story Land.

We have a FP in the afternoon for Slinky Dog, so we are covered there.

We have a late-ish night the night before, so I plan on being at the gate at 8:30am

Here are the two morning options I'm toying with. If option 1 is doable, I'm leaning towards it so we can avoid the crush. I need your expert advise please! ;)

Option 1
Rock N Roller Coaster
Toy Story Mania
Alien Saucers
Star Tours
Use FP for Rock N Roller Coaster around 11am
Lunch reservation @11:30am

OR

Option 2
Alien Saucers
Toy Story Mania
Star Tours
Use FP for Rock N Roller Coaster
Lunch reservation @11:30am

For option a the lines will be very very high for at least the 2nd ts ride you do, but probably both by the time you get over there. Since you have a rockin FP I personally wouldn't also rp that, but only you can decide how important it is to your group to ride all the toy story rides. For mine it would be very important.

We just got back from a trip. This past friday we were there before rope drop and went directly to Alien saucers and rode twice within 10 min. The line for Slinky Dog was at 90min. We had a FP+ for 11am. Not sure about Mania we rode that on Tues when we were there all day. The section was crowded but most were in line for Slinky Dog.

My plan is to go the opposite direction and go straight to RnRC then do ToT. Then head to TSL and ride TSM with FP+. We have two other evenings with FP+ for the other TSL rides. If I didn't I would go directly to TSL.

With an 8:30 arrival you will be pretty far behind to TSL. They seem to be letting people through the turnstile by that time. I'd plan to be there earlier or just try to do TSL rides right before closing

With an 8:30 arrival you will be pretty far behind to TSL. They seem to be letting people through the turnstile by that time. I'd plan to be there earlier or just try to do TSL rides right before closing

How far in advance of opening have they been opening the turnstiles...?

Last week for a 9am opening they let us up to Sunset blvd at 8:30 and then opened at about 8:50.

Good to know.

My plan is to try Toy story land at Rope Drop .. just for Alien Swirling (and maybe TSM) .. as I have a SDD FP early in the afternoon. I don't like going into that land, out and back in again a few hours later, but the park is small enough that it shouldn't matter too much. I think that all the

I have debated skipping TSL in the morning (go where the people ain't) and just doing it around lunch to do our SDD FP, but I am afraid the lines for both the other rides will be too long then. Plus .. with a 2 year old in tow .. we need to hit that land when she is not napping!

I would do option 2. AS2 and TSM are not as busy at rope drop because everyone is going to SDD. After that they hit the other 2 toystory rides so those lines build about 30 min after the park opens.

We're thinking of rope dropping TSM then we have FP for RnRC followed by TOT FP. We have a FP for SDD in the afternoon. Is the Alien Saucer line decent in the afternoon? We thought we would try to do it close to our SDD ride, which is around 2. Lot of running around, but all of the adults want the 2 big rides and we have 2 kids that would want the TSL rides and had to prioritize the FP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter