HS Rise of Resistance movíng to standby on September 23!

Yeahhh … no way am I dealing with a standby line for that ride. This suggests to me that they‘re planning to launch Genie+ around that time. They’ll show people how long the standby line is, so that they’ll be incentivized to pay for Genie+ to bypass it.

Exactly. Removing VQ and give the choice of standing in hours long lines or paying up. It's brilliant marketing strategy as usual, but in no way was it done to benefit us. Nothing has been in a very long time.

I'm not sure when we'll be back but what I am sure of is we won't pay per ride for anything. We've ridden it and that will have to do. I'm not paying $100 or more for us to ride a single ride. As good as it is, it's not that good.

We had been hopeful that we could get a boarding group one of the days that we have park reservations and had been practicing. We would have been ok if we didn't get anything. We are traveling with a child too young to ride, so there is no way that we'll get into a line that is several hours long. We also don't care enough to pay for Lightning Lane for the rest of us. We have never ridden, so we don't know what we're missing and will just enjoy the rest of the park.

I wonder if Disney is going to improve the virtual queue and eventually bring it back?

Like what if they use standby until the wait time hits 1 or 2 hours or something - then they move to a virtual queue with a return time.

Also forgetting onsite guests get that half hour early entry which will help them with the rope drop crowds for it.

I will wait to see how it all plays before I make a decision. I think its more than than just to make people want to pay to ride. Disney isn't dumb and knows that there will be many that might pay to ride a ride but they also know many of those won't pay for something else they would have. There is the small percentage that will throw money at everything and anything that makes their trip even an ounce easier, but that isn't the masses.

Parks need people in lines to help manage overall crowds. Disney's virtual queue IMO wasn't done well at all and maybe in time they will get a better system figured out.

Imagine if the line is 6 hours long ... you get a DAS at 3pm, your return time is right before they close at 9pm ... Or once they start closing at 8pm, do they just turn you away?

Probably, yes. It'll be interesting to see if RotR is going to be eligible for pre-booking with the DAS.

With the flexibility of WDW having on switching between the virtual que and standby on a day by day basis really makes you need to have 2 touring plans based on what WDW decides to do for your park day.

If its a standby line for RoTR we would stayaway and only do IA$
If it were VQ we would give that a shot first to save the $200-$300 for our group of 8. Which I am sure MOST people would do and what WDW will want to avoid at all costs...but at some point the line is going to get to the length where they will be losing more money from standby guests not spending money than they would from the guests who would otherwise be paying for the IA$. But I think that is where the rumored/guessed $24 to $36 price difference will come in.

I wonder if Disney is going to improve the virtual queue and eventually bring it back?

Like what if they use standby until the wait time hits 1 or 2 hours or something - then they move to a virtual queue with a return time.
Wasn't DLP moving in that direction for some attractions? I think I remember some posts about it earlier this summer.

Could the move to stand by also just be temporary till LL
And Genie plus are running? They may be trying to work out the new system and such.

I’ve never been to Galaxy’s Edge; can we enter back by the Muppets ride or do you have to enter by the Toy Story Land area?? I’m trying to figure out what way to mad dash at rope drop lol

I’ve never been to Galaxy’s Edge; can we enter back by the Muppets ride or do you have to enter by the Toy Story Land area?? I’m trying to figure out what way to mad dash at rope drop lol
Typically you can enter from either side. During previews the entrance was by the Muppets. Toy Storyland was an exit.

Wasn't DLP moving in that direction for some attractions? I think I remember some posts about it earlier this summer.

Yup, they are offering paid Fastpass and Virtual queues. Supposedly virtual queues were in the cards for WDW but got thrown out at the last minute.

I never understood why for virtual queue disney didnt just open the registration at 7am everyone gets 30mins or an hour or something to register, they then randomly pick people who registered and then assign them a boarding group, that way it isn't fastest finger first and gives more people hope.

Yea I always thought they should do that as well, it’s more fair.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter