HS planning for pale people

wonderchica

Mouseketeer
Thinking through my strategy for HS this June is a little stressful. No matter what you do, you’re probably looking at at least one long/longish line for one of the big ride. So I figured I’d put another spin on it-
Imagine (if you don’t fit this description!) you’re a fair skinned person who wants to avoid long stretches in the sun! Which ride queue do you want to spend the LEAST amount of time in?

We have that exact issue- we’re all fair, but the youngest is Scandinavian fair with white hair and light blue eyes.
We keep covered of course, hat, neck cover, long sleeves, etc- but the queues are all mostly covered and it’s more the walking around through the parks with 0 shade that is the issue for us.

Thinking through my strategy for HS this June is a little stressful. No matter what you do, you’re probably looking at at least one long/longish line for one of the big ride. So I figured I’d put another spin on it-
Imagine (if you don’t fit this description!) you’re a fair skinned person who wants to avoid long stretches in the sun! Which ride queue do you want to spend the LEAST amount of time in?
I would say SDD would be the longest one in the sun but I haven’t seen how the queue has been for MMRR since opening day.

Slinky Dog. RnR is covered primarily. Tower is covered primarily. Smugglers is very much indoors. TSMM is mostly indoors. Alien and Slinky are somewhat covered but you could have long stretches in the sun. I haven't experienced MMRR yet, but from the videos I've seen, it looks like they kept the cover of the Great Movie Ride
(sniff :sad: ). Anyway.... Slinky was a difficult line for me and I'm a heat lover.:sunny:

SDD is most exposed. All is outside so you will be exposed. Even though they put more cover in it is still outside and hot.

Sun sleeves umbrella etc. Sun sleeves can double as cooling towels so wet them before you put them on ( but they will compromise your sun cream while wet so re-apply).

I’m extremely pale and sensitive to the sun. I use lots of sunscreen and wear a hat and sunglasses. With those precautions it’s not a huge issue, even in the Florida summer.

There are very few times you’ll find yourself exposed to direct sunlight for more than a few minutes. I haven’t waited for SDD. It sounds like it may be an exception but I would fp or rope drop even if that were not the case.

Probably the most uncomfortable moments I can remember have been watching outdoor performances around world showcase. But if it bothered me too much there was always somewhere close to seek shade or ac.

We are all pretty pale and sunburn easily. In the heat of the day at HWS we like to to to see shows or do things indoors as much as we can from about noon -4 pm This is when we plan an indoor lunch, wait in line to see Olaf, check out the gift shops, see the Beauty and the Beast play, wait in line to see Mike and Sully ( it was a long line and was completely air conditioned...the only time I was ever thankful for a long line...lol), explore Star Wars Launch Bay. Also the lines for Rockin Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror are covered and some parts are indoors. This is a park I dont mind to much in the heat b/c it i smaller and easier to get form one section to the other

I am English Irish and Dutch...Sunglasses, baseball hat, lots of sunscreen...i am a very fair skinned blue eyed brunette..I get blinded in the sun! I just keep applying the sun screen and take shade breaks to cool off my skin. Even on cloudy days, don’t forget to take precautions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter