• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HS how early are they opening?

NicholeB630

DIS Veteran
Hi I was curious if anyone has been to HS recently? I know the opening time is 9am for everyone and early entry 8:30 but if youre a Disney OG you know thats not always the case. Recently we got into Epcot around 8 and was held at different locations but Im seeing AK and HS are doing it a bit earlier. So in hopes of making sure were there when we need to to beat the heat and crowds I wanted to see if they were opening up the gate a lot earlier than 8am? Thanks :)

Hollywood Studios opening time has been 8:30 for a while now, with 8:00 early entry for Disney resort guests.

They typically open the gates about 7:45 for eligible early entry guests. They have cast members screening for that eligibility before the ticket booths.

Hollywood Studios opening time has been 8:30 for a while now, with 8:00 early entry for Disney resort guests.

They typically open the gates about 7:45 for eligible early entry guests. They have cast members screening for that eligibility before the ticket booths.
I see that now, but July times are showing the park is open at 9 with early entry 8:30 so wondering if they will update next month.

App is showing 8:30 openings for HS through July 15.

9:00 openings begin on July 16, but that could change.

Yeah ill keep watching it. We go the 21st to Disney.

I've been watching as well for an August trip, they seem to be extended hours 1 week at a time (I'm specifically watching for AK since it's scheduled for 9am openings right now but hopefully will move to 8!)

HS will almost certainly open at 8:30am with EE beginning at 8:00am. Operating hours are typically updated for 2-3 weeks out every Friday afternoon between 12pm-2pm (give or take a little depending on the week).

This is exactly the info I've been looking for as my trip gets closer. Right now it's the "boilerplate" hours where all parks open at 9am. Thank you!!

@QueenofPrideRock park hours were updated this morning for the first two days of your trip. AK opens at 8am with EE at 7:30am, and HS opens at 8:30am with EE at 8am. Rest of your trip should update next Friday.

@QueenofPrideRock park hours were updated this morning for the first two days of your trip. AK opens at 8am with EE at 7:30am, and HS opens at 8:30am with EE at 8am. Rest of your trip should update next Friday.

Oh I saw that, but I am actually very end of August (in the parks 8/30-9/2) so I think a couple of weeks yet for those hours. Thank you so much though!

Oops I tagged the wrong person! So sorry about that. I meant to tag @NicholeB630! Nichole, don't know if you saw this yet, but operating hours were updated for the first two days of your trip!
Yes I saw that!! Gonna be early mornings BUT they are must dos when its this hot ha.

We were there a few weeks ago for EE at 8am. We arrived around 7:30 or so, were through the gates by 7:45, and rode MF:SR with zero wait (we even skipped the pre-show) and were done with it before 8am. Not sure how many of the rides were operating before 8.

Does that mean if you book your LL at 7am you typically have to wait until 11 (2 hours after park opening for your next one if it's a far one out), so if the park opens at 8:30 to the public you can book your next LL at 10:30?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter