HS FP question

disney075

Earning My Ears
This Monday we are doing FP selections and struggling with how to do HS now that basically everything is tier 1 or no FP (galaxys edge). If we just make one advanced FP for one ride (tier 1) instead of going in with three, can we select another tier 1 in the park after we have used our one or would we have to select two tier 2's day of before we can add another tier 1? I know that sounds confusing but we don't really want to ride anything that is outside of tier 1 so we don't want to waste time or fastpasses.

This Monday we are doing FP selections and struggling with how to do HS now that basically everything is tier 1 or no FP (galaxys edge). If we just make one advanced FP for one ride (tier 1) instead of going in with three, can we select another tier 1 in the park after we have used our one or would we have to select two tier 2's day of before we can add another tier 1? I know that sounds confusing but we don't really want to ride anything that is outside of tier 1 so we don't want to waste time or fastpasses.

No, sorry. The FP FAQ answers this question and many others.

Nope nope nope. You will be very unhappy if you try to do that. Book all 3 in advance. I'd book the one you really want (T1) first, and then move up the other two & use them as quickly as possible. You can even go to the tapstiles, scan your band, and walk away if you really don't want to experience the attraction. You will not be able to make another T1 fastpass until you make & use all 3 of the regular ones first.

As others said, you must use all 3 FPs (whether you book ahaead or not), before you can book another tier 1 FP.
I would book all 3 as early as possible, then start over with tier 1s.
As soon as you tap in for your first FP, try moving another one up. The others, you can use, or go and tap in , then leave.

...or if you have the ability and inclination to park hop you can use your Tier 1 Fp at HS and do standby or single rider for other rides and then park hop and book your second Fp for a Tier 1 ride at the second park. We did this the other day. Booked Slinky Dog at HS. Used it early and booked a Test Track Fp for 2 hours later. Rode the Skyliner it was nice. Tried to book FOP for the evening, but no luck. This doesn’t work if you’re a planner and don’t like to have a loose schedule.

...or if you have the ability and inclination to park hop you can use your Tier 1 Fp at HS and do standby or single rider for other rides and then park hop and book your second Fp for a Tier 1 ride at the second park. We did this the other day. Booked Slinky Dog at HS. Used it early and booked a Test Track Fp for 2 hours later. Rode the Skyliner it was nice. Tried to book FOP for the evening, but no luck. This doesn’t work if you’re a planner and don’t like to have a loose schedule.
What!?! You didn't have to use your Tier 2 FP before park hopping to EPCOT. I'm confused.

Do they expire if you don't use? If one expires, it has to be replaced and used before getting a 4th FP. One must "tap" 3 attractions before getting FP #4. Right or wrong?

This could be a game changer. We have park hoppers because of FP availability at DHS.

What!?! You didn't have to use your Tier 2 FP before park hopping to EPCOT. I'm confused.

Do they expire if you don't use? If one expires, it has to be replaced and used before getting a 4th FP. One must "tap" 3 attractions before getting FP #4. Right or wrong?

This could be a game changer. We have park hoppers because of FP availability at DHS.
The FP FAQ ADDENDUM Sticky has the steps for booking Tier 1s when park hopping. Link in the first post of that thread.

When park hopping you could use 3 Tier 1 FP's in 3 different parks if you wanted to. It changes the restrictions on the tiers. There's plenty of discussion on the link that @hiroMYhero posted.

Here's from my last trip after having only ridden EE.
20191126_131121.jpg

When park hopping you could use 3 Tier 1 FP's in 3 different parks if you wanted to. It changes the restrictions on the tiers. There's plenty of discussion on the link that @hiroMYhero posted.

I had no idea! I'm glad I asked. I use to be Disney savvy but not anymore. I have one month and thanks for the link.

I canceled the Tier-2 FP’s before I booked the Tier-1 at the other park. I rode Skinky first, canceled Mermaid and Star Tours and then booked Test Track for later in the day. I didn’t let the Tier 2’s expire. Did it again on my last day he trip. Snagged last minute Skinky Dog Fp’s the night before. Only booked one Fp for that day knowing we would try to book another Tier 1 at a second park. I booked Soarin’ right away and we hopped over to Epcot via bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter