• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HS -> Epcot same day / G+ strategy?

DisneyTarheel

DIS Veteran
We plan to onsite rope drop HS next Friday (11/11) and then park hope to Epcot in the afternoon.

We will purchase LL$ for Rise and Guardians.

Current thinking is to rope drop SDD, LL$ Rise.

But, am wondering it we should use our first LL+ on Remy to try to get something in the 2-3pm range?

If I am understanding how this works, this would mean we couldn’t book a HS LL+ until 10:30 (since Epcot has 8:30 opening).

After rope dropping SDD, i was thinking of doing TSM walk-on, and maybe MMRR walk-on if lucky. Then to Rise assuming our LL$ time fits. I would think we’d be pretty close to the 10:30 booking window to look for LL+ for RNR or TT.

Does this seem reasonable? I’m afraid if we don’t try to grab the Epcot Remy LL+, we may be out of luck getting one later in the day.

Good morning, I’m no expert but have been doing a lot of reading. What I’ve read over and over is that it seems to be “easier” to rope drop Epcot and do remy, frozen and test track in the morning with minor wait times. You can also get a ILL for GOTG or perhaps even a VQ for an early time before hopping over to HS. You could then begin stacking LL for HS beginning at 7am and have a nice handful ready to go by 2:30/3pm.

Again, I haven’t done this, just read alot about this approach. Have fun whatever you decide.

Last edited:
Good morning, I’m no expert but have been doing a lot of reading. What I’ve read over and over is that it seems to be “easier” to rope drop Epcot and do remy, frozen and test track in the morning with minor wait times. You can also get a ILL for GOTG or perhaps even a VQ for an early time before hopping over to HS. You could then begin stacking LL for HS beginning at 7am and have a nice handful ready to go by 2:30/3pm.

Again, I haven’t done this, just read alot about this approach. Have fun whatever you decide.
Appreciate the suggestion. We’ve considered doing this, but really enjoy being at Epcot in the evening.

Appreciate the suggestion. We’ve considered doing this, but really enjoy being at Epcot in the evening.
It’s an easy move with the Skyliner between the 2 parks. Another option might be to RD Epcot while stacking DHS. Do a few things at Epcot, head to DHS at 2:00 for your stacked LL then glide back to Epcot for the evening.

If remi is a must do I would book ILL for rise first (assuming that’s a must do to), then remi, then ILL for guardians. What time does HS open? I think it’s 2 hours form your first park opens but I am not 100% on that one.

You should be able to get ToT or RnR at 1030 but the time be me later. I also expect crowds to be heavy at HS Friday is the rain is bad wed/Thursday but that’s just my guess

One thing you have to consider is the new(ish) G+ rule that you have to wait for the return times at the hop-to park to reach 2pm until you can book. Add in the fact that Disney hides the return times in the selection screen between 7-7:30am. This means you have to book, confirm, and hope you get a return time for after 2pm. If you don’t, you have try again, all the while return times for popular rides like Remy quickly get later. In a span of 1-2 minutes for popular rides, you can go from not being able to book because the return time window is still before 2pm to well past 5pm. Just know that you will be trying to get that 2-3pm Remy going in blind with a lot of things keeping you from getting that ideal time. This is why it’s sometimes easier to book the morning G+ right at 7:00:01 for the reserved park as I believe you have a better shot at getting an 8-9am window for that first park than you do trying to luck out and timing the 2pm window for a popular ride at the hop-to park. Then you can refresh for Remy on your second pick and perhaps grab something for any time in the afternoon. Understand that you can still stack, but stacking is not as easy as it used to be. For that first pick, you have to be patient and luck out on timing.

Remy was nearly a walk on right after the fireworks when we were there. We positioned our self on the France bridge closer to France so we could jump over real quick. Got in line a few minutes before they closed for the day. Perfect.

Remy was nearly a walk on right after the fireworks when we were there. We positioned our self on the France bridge closer to France so we could jump over real quick. Got in line a few minutes before they closed for the day. Perfect.
I take it this was on a night when Epcot closed at 9:30? Normally they close at 9 which is also when the fireworks begin. Or were you using deluxe extended hours?

One thing you have to consider is the new(ish) G+ rule that you have to wait for the return times at the hop-to park to reach 2pm until you can book. Add in the fact that Disney hides the return times in the selection screen between 7-7:30am. This means you have to book, confirm, and hope you get a return time for after 2pm. If you don’t, you have try again, all the while return times for popular rides like Remy quickly get later. In a span of 1-2 minutes for popular rides, you can go from not being able to book because the return time window is still before 2pm to well past 5pm. Just know that you will be trying to get that 2-3pm Remy going in blind with a lot of things keeping you from getting that ideal time. This is why it’s sometimes easier to book the morning G+ right at 7:00:01 for the reserved park as I believe you have a better shot at getting an 8-9am window for that first park than you do trying to luck out and timing the 2pm window for a popular ride at the hop-to park. Then you can refresh for Remy on your second pick and perhaps grab something for any time in the afternoon. Understand that you can still stack, but stacking is not as easy as it used to be. For that first pick, you have to be patient and luck out on timing.
I just did an ILL for a park hop a few days ago. Genie+ showed me only ride times for after 2 pm. I agree stacking may be problematic at HS, especially if you use your first LL on Remy. It may be better to start at EP, rope drop Remy, and use all Genie+ LLs to stack for HS.

I take it this was on a night when Epcot closed at 9:30? Normally they close at 9 which is also when the fireworks begin. Or were you using deluxe extended hours?
Epcot closed at 10pm that night. It was on Halloween. Yes I was doing deluxe extended but got in line with a few others just before 10pm and they were not extended. I was able to ride it twice (the second one I had to tap into) before heading to GOTG.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter