• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HS Dining: Sci Fi to Oga's to Fantasmic

NALA 24

Mouseketeer
We have dining reservations for Sci Fi at 6:25 pm followed by Oga's at 8:15 pm. Will we be able to get from Oga's to Fantasmic which starts at 9:30 pm when we are there next week? Also, do they let you into Fantasmic after it starts?

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
We have dining reservations for Sci Fi at 6:25 pm followed by Olga's at 8:15 pm. Will we be able to get from Olga's to Fantasmic which starts at 9:30 pm when we are there next week? Also, do they let you into Fantasmic after it starts?

Thank you in advance!
They will let people into Fantasmic after it starts if there are available seats. But I think you risk not being able to see Fantasmic if you try to go to Oga's first. You might not be seated at Sci Fi right away. Service could be slow. Oga's could easily take longer than you think it will.

If Fantasmic is important to you then I would try to reschedule Oga's for earlier in the day, before Sci Fi. Last minute reservations open up all the time. You could get lucky. :)

Last edited:
It's "Oga's," not Olga's, FWIW.

If you arrive at Oga's and get "seated" (or rather, stood at a table) quickly, you can enjoy a quick drink before heading over to Fantasmic! If what you want is a more leisurely experience to soak in the ambiance at Oga's, you might have to decide on the fly whether you prefer to stick around there, or head over to Fantasmic! (which will be a good 10-15 minute walk depending on your speed, since it's at the extreme opposite end of the park from Galaxy's Edge). If you arrive just before the show starts, you'll also be sacrificing the better seats (or if it's really crowded, the chance for a seat at all), since many guests arrive 60-90 minutes early to score the best ones.

My personal feeling is that if you can get into Oga's at another time, do that, so you don't have to rush around. Then again, my family's experience at Oga's was uniformly horrible (rude server, filthy table, 15-minute wait to order, 30-minute wait for our drinks after orders were placed, and when they were finally dropped off after we begged another server to help us because ours had disappeared, 3 of our 4 orders were incorrect!!!) , so I'm a little salty towards the place.;)

Agree, I would not try to do both on the same evening. Oga's is a favourite of ours, but your experience depends on you travelling party (like Biergarten you do share tables) and servers. It does tend to run slow, but we make the time for it.

We have dining reservations for Sci Fi at 6:25 pm followed by Oga's at 8:15 pm. Will we be able to get from Oga's to Fantasmic which starts at 9:30 pm when we are there next week? Also, do they let you into Fantasmic after it starts?

Thank you in advance!
I agree with the others who have posted about trying to get Oga's earlier if it's important to you. Also, keep in mind the trek from Oga's to Fantasmic is not quick. It's a hike, especially if you're trying to get there quickly.

We did the HS Afterhours party in May and it was 100% worth it, IMO. But, I got Ogas for 7:25, had our 45 minutes, two drinks, and then had just enough time to grab a Ronto Wrap next door before making the trek to Fantasmic. We made it into the queue just as the show was starting and we were seated all the way to the right side near the front.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter