Hs anyone tried clothing from Arctic Cool? Does it really work?

ErinInCT

Someday my tag will come...
I often overheat at Disney. Even in February the weather was brutally hot this past year! The Frog Tog cooling towel is ok but I ran across an ad for clothing from Arctic Cool that has built in cooling technology. Has anyone tried this? Seems too good to be true!

I do not have anything from that particular brand but I do wear moisture wicking clothes and they do help. But it is not magic. It draws the sweat away from your body which helps it to evaporate. The challenge in Florida is that the humidity, especially in the summer, is so high there is not a lot of evaporation. Unless you happen to be standing in front of a fan. It will feel amazingly cold when you go into air conditioning and all that sweat starts to evaporate. It will not feel wet and clingy like cotton. It dries quickly. There are a lot of places that offer moisture wicking clothing. If you search for 'moisture wicking xxxx' you will see lots of choices. Make sure it is UPF rated where appropriate.

And yes, the weather in February this year was pretty warm. But at least the humidity wasn't summer like. Good weather for moisture wicking clothes.

You can purchase a phase change vest. They freeze at 50 something and stay at 50 something for a hour or 2 sometimes more. They are expensive but work very well. We also used a cooler back pack by picnic time to carry it around. As a child my DD didn't sweat, its gotten much better as she has gotten older. So she used to have to wear one. Its one reason why we never went to Disney World. But she is much better now so we are going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter