HS and MK in one day?

brave321

Mouseketeer
We are going in a week and are thinking about adding HS to the morning of our MK day. Originally we were skipping HS but crowds are no where near what we expected. We want to RD HS and hit up the 3 TSL rides, then go and do a Star Tours and maybe Muppet Vision. We don’t care for ToT or RnR. We have our first MK FP at 11 so we’d probably want to leave HS by 10. It’s two adults and we’re not planning on riding any rollercoasters at MK, so were don’t have to fit those in. We do want to see HEA so we’ll probably start waiting at about 8 for that and MK doesn’t close until 11. Will we be able to get everything done without rushing? Or should we just do MK? We won’t be back for 3-4 years so we’re really hoping we can fit TSL in now since crowds have been low.

We are going in a week and are thinking about adding HS to the morning of our MK day. Originally we were skipping HS but crowds are no where near what we expected. We want to RD HS and hit up the 3 TSL rides, then go and do a Star Tours and maybe Muppet Vision. We don’t care for ToT or RnR. We have our first MK FP at 11 so we’d probably want to leave HS by 10. It’s two adults and we’re not planning on riding any rollercoasters at MK, so were don’t have to fit those in. We do want to see HEA so we’ll probably start waiting at about 8 for that and MK doesn’t close until 11. Will we be able to get everything done without rushing? Or should we just do MK? We won’t be back for 3-4 years so we’re really hoping we can fit TSL in now since crowds have been low.

Well, I can't say you'll fit in "everything" but I think it could work since you aren't interested in any of the MK roller coasters. If you don't care about any of the shows at HS, I think your plan to hit Toy Story Land, Star Tours, and Muppets should get you out of there within a couple of hours. Make sure to be at HS early though so you can be at the front of the Rope Drop pack. Anyway, if you want to do TSL, then why not go for it? Have fun!

The parks open at 9am? If so you won't have time to do all the DHS attractions.

The parks open at 9am? If so you won't have time to do all the DHS attractions.

It looks like all next week HS has EMH that start at 7:00 a.m. If staying on site, I would say that 3 hours would definitely be enough time to check out the 3 rides in TSL and do Star Tours and Muppets before heading to MK at 10:00. Since you have no interest in the mountains at MK, I would say that while it will be a long day, you can definitely handle both parks and see what you want to see in that time frame. I would check out the Official TSL thread to see what people are reporting as to how early they are getting to HS for rope drop with the 7:00 a.m. open to get an idea of when you should arrive to make the best use of those three hours. If you're staying off site, my advice may be a little different!

We're staying onsite, I wouldn't even think about it if we didn't have EMH. I'm definitely concerned about how long of day it's going to be. And right now it says there's a 60% of rain with scattered thunder storms. We fear we might regret not doing TSL, but we don't want to be rushing around, tired, and potentially in the rain. It would be so nice if HS had more rides that interested us to make it worth a day (and ticket) by itself, but that's also why we won't be back to WDW at all until Star Wars has been open a few years. TP showed that we could do everything we wanted with some extra time, but I don't know how much stock I want to put into that.

Also, people have reported that they've been opening TSL early (before 7) because of the number of people who have shown up early. I don't know if they're still doing it or will be doing it next week though, so it's hard to tell what time I'd need to be there

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter