HRH vs RPH

luvdisney14

Mother of 3 Great Boys
We justed returned from HRH - loved it, but was thinking of trying RPH next year. We wanted pros and cons from experts. Does the pool at RPH let the kids have tubes, play with balls in the pool? HRH was very good for kids. Does RPH have a basketball hoop in the pool, my boys really enjoyed it.

On these boards they say that HRH is not for everyone, just because of the music everywhere, etc. but overall everyone raves about both. I have stayed at the RPR and loved it!!!! Next year we are staying at the HRH!!!!

HI Luvdisney,We also stayed at the HRH a couple of years ago and absolutely loved it! Now we are going back this December and cannot decide between the HRH or RPR.....
The one thing I think makes the HRH unique is the Music being played all the time.I thought it would be annoying after awhile but it was great!
Did you think about splitting your stay between the two hotels?
I wonder if they will transfer luggage between the on-site hotels?
Debbie

debden

We can't split our stay between the universal resorts because we will be splitting our stay between disney and universal. Have left over passes for each. But a good idea for further visits.

Love them both.

I always have a hard time deciding, so we go with the best price.

Patty

We stayed last year (labor day weekend)at the HRH and had such a great time we are going back agin this Labor day.

We had booked the hotel for Sat. and Sun. and then decided to add Fri..... but there was no rooms to be had, so I check the RPH and they had a club level available!

So we will be spending one night at RPH and two nights at HRH... will get a chance to see both. BTW they said Sat. they will move our luggage to our new room (club level) at the HRH!

We will see how smooth it goes, but am looking forward to it... just 6 days to go...

Bob

We stayed at HRH and then PB last summer and the luggage transfer from one hotel to the other went very smoothly. We were a little worried about it, but had such great service at the HRH that we figured we'd chance it. We left in the morning to go to the parks and returned to PB in the afternoon and our luggage was waiting for us as promised.

Have a great trip!

RPH is a very nice hotel. I haven't stayed at HRH but have been at the pool there (lovely "pool hop" benefit :) ) As for the pool at RPH...I'm not sure what they can bring, to be honest :( I think they had a volleyball net set up in the pool if I remember correctly (I know they have one alongside the little river, but thought I saw something in the pool).

RPH is a very pretty hotel and is worth trying for a different kind of atmosphere. Very relaxing. But if you go to RPH and then decide you liked the pool over at HRH better, you can still go to HRH's pool even if you are staying at the RPH. Just like you can also go to PBH's pool too. :)

As for "pros and cons"

RPH: closer to IOA
HRH: closer to US (this is why I should try HRH sometime... :p )

RPH: no water slide nor cool music underwater...but sometimes a "dive in movie" (dunno if other pools do this or not)
HRH: water slide and cool music underwater

Gosh, I don't know what else to add! :eek:

What is a dive in movie? I think hard rock had them on Friday nights, but we weren't there on a Friday. I don't know what they are? What night does RPH have them?

Originally posted by luvdisney14
What is a dive in movie? I think hard rock had them on Friday nights, but we weren't there on a Friday. I don't know what they are? What night does RPH have them?

I think they were Friday nights also. Something like you hang out in the pool and watch a movie. We were going to try it when we stayed at RPH but there was a TERRIBLE storm and so the pool closed (same time there was an unofficial tornado warning :eek: )

We just returned from the RPR......... and we wouldn't stay anywhere else!!!!!!!!!! ;)

It is gorgeous!! We loved it. We felt the rooms were adequate in size...... and very well decorated. The resort itself is truely beautiful. The staff goes above and beyond to make you feel special and fulfill every request you have. The pool is huge........ and yes, there is a volleyball net set up in it. It does not have a slide, but there is a water play (boat) area for the kids........ while we were there our son who is 3 loved this area and the zero entry area, he played in the pool a lot!!! We ate at Jakes and the food was superb.......... pricey........ but worth it!! Our sons 17 and 15 went over to HRH to the pool, but they didn't care for the hotel itself........... they like the RPR........ they said HRH was not "resort" like!!! We loved the RPR, but I'm sure any of the hotels would be just as nice. We just felt that portofino was a little too............. stuffy........ I guess and the hard rock seemed like it was too....... hard rockish.......... if that makes sense. ;) anyway, I don't think you can go wrong no matter where you stay. We just fell in love with RPR and will be going back!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter