• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HRH/FOTL awesome

Disneydenise

DIS Veteran
We just got back form HRH. The place is very cool. The pool was great. I loved the cabana's by the pool you could rent for half the day. My son loved it having a TV and a phone at the pool. Too bad he had noone to call. They keep coming over with drinks and food and it was great. The cost of the hotel was well worth having FOTL acess. I don't think I would ever go to Universal again without it. We enjoyed the restartants n the hotel both of them. We nver made it over to PFB but maybe next ime. Any questions just ask.

Welcome back Disdenise! Glad it was wonderful for you!
Putting cabana on must-have list when we go, unplugging the phone though!!
Jim

We will be staying at HRH in Nov.--just wondering if the express pass worked well? We will be arriving into orlando at 6:00am on a Saturday and plan on hitting the parks--which one would you go to first? We have been to Universal in California, so we were thinking of going to IOA first. We have 2 sons (8 & 13)--do you think that 2 full days is plenty of time? We check out on Monday and can still go back to the parks or go to check in early at WDW for 5 nights--I am leaning towards going to WDW ASAP on Monday because I think we will have had enough time at UOF/IOA--maybe we will go in for early entry and leave by noon??? Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions you might have! P.S. What about places to eat? We were going to go to Margaritaville...anywhere else???

How busy was the pool? Was the water too warm for this time of year (I hear it's heated).
Did it rain much while you were there?
Did you try the Velvet Bar?
Any other tips for us? (We'll be arriving on saturday for a 14 night stay!!) :D

Goofeyfordisney,
The room key works GREAT for getting you right on the rides.
As far as places to eat, our favorites were MYTHOS and the Latin Quarter.
I think you're right in going to IOA first. Your sons will love it and so will you. Just play it by ear as to whether you want to spend the extra day there. You might want to do that, so you can take your time in seeing things and enjoy the pool at the HRH.

Hi,

We'll be at the HRH next week for 4 days, I hope to rent one of the pool cabana's....

It sounds like it was worth the price..

Patty

TV by the pool ???? Oh , I'm getting warm fuzzies just thinking about it >> when we go in November, we will have some extra time the first afternoon (Friday) & you guys have given me such wonderful ideas. Thanks to you all, this board has been a god-send !!!:bounce:

I was curious if there are mini-fridges in the cabanas also. While at PBH villa pool last May, about 9:30ish PM, we watched some young teens going tent to tent and "salvaging" a few unopened sodas. Listened to some older teens in the pool grumbling that their idea was taken!
All cabanas were apparently vacated by this time (I hoped anyway).
Thanks for any info! Lookin' forward to watching some ballgames by HRH pool!!
Jim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter