Hp Photosmart M417

tinkerbell716

Earning My Ears
:confused3 Help! I just received this new HP Photosmart M417 and am having trouble using it. I have the camera set to auto flash with red eye reduction. The problem is that all my childrens pictures have bad red eye. Also the coloring is not that vivid. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We are going to Walt Disney World soon and I would hate to see horrible pictures from our trip. Thanks!

I'm guessing your children have light blue/light green coloured eyes. The red-eye is a physical trait of the subject. Changing a camera will not help. As far as vivid color, are you usre it's the camera and not the printing company's problem. Some printing companies in my area (Costco and Walmart included) have the tendency of having washed-out colours. Whereas the drugstore, Henry's, Black's have relatively natural colours.

This is not to say yur Walmart will have the same problem as mine. It really depends how often the machine is calibrated (supposed to be once a day, first thing in the morning) and the type of paper they use (even Kodak, Fuji, etc have different grades of photo paper that WILL change the colour saturation)

Im my experience, HP digital cameras have the WORST color. What the other poster said about red eye is true- sometimes if they are very light eyed, red eye is inevitable.It can be removed by a good photo shop with certain software.
In my lab i get HP customes a lot and the colors are often WAY off.It can be corrected if the person printing knows what they are doing.Take your camera/ memory card to a good printer - where they will take the time to look at the images and make appropriate adjustments.
Sherrie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter