• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How's the French Market Corn Chowder?

Cal-Pie

DIS Veteran
I've been dreaming of a Pacific Wharf bread bowl since... March 8, 2019 :). But, their current soup options involve seafood (no thanks), and Harbor Gally's options are clam chowder or gumbo, not my fav either. This leaves me wondering about the corn chowder, is it any good?

My friend got in on our July visit and she said it was delicious (it looked good to me too). My gripe about the bread bowls (at both French Market and Pacific Wharf) is that they switched sometime in the last year from providing real butter to "smart balance vegan spread", which we all thought was nasty -- I get providing a vegan option, but I assume this was purely a cost-cutting move, because they could offer both.

My mom has gotten the corn chowder at French market a couple times. I have tasted it and I find it a bit spicy for my taste buds, but it was overall good.

I got the corn chowder in a bread bowl in 2017 and have been dreaming of it since. It's hands down the best corn chowder I've ever found. Amazing.

I never like the bread bowls as I find you hardly get any soup and way too much bread. I'd far rather have a big bowl of soup with a bun on the side.

I have in the past gotten Pacific Wharf to give me the bread bowl "on the side", so the soup is separate. I am not sure if they offer an option to buy just soup without the bowl.

I love the French Market corn chowder. Every time I've mobile ordered, they always put the soup in a container and the bread bowl is separate (and cold).

It's been a few years but I thought it was weirdly sweet and way too thick. I wouldn't get it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter