How's the coffee?

I'mfarfaraway

Mouseketeer
We are staying at CBR in November.
The first time we were in the world my husband was unhappy with the coffee provided (we rented DVC points), the second time we ordered from Garden Grocer and bought Dinkin Donuts coffee. He was still unhappy. We just discovered that the coffee makers use some kind of pods so that blows our plan of bringing our own coffee and filters out of the water. So, how's the coffee in these pods

We found the coffee weak. We brought some of the instant Starbucks coffee and we made the coffee from the pods, then split one of the VIA instant coffee between the 2 cups to “perk” it up a bit. And “perk” us up in the morning!

I’ve always found pod coffee to be rather weak. Even the ones with options to make it “strong” (one of our friends has one of those) don’t provide enough flavour for me. I think the Nespresso pods are supposed to be better but I’ve not had the chance to sample, plus they’re expensive.

So as a rule I always travel with some packs of VIA. Didn’t need it on the Allure last week but used a lot of sticks when I was offsite in Kissimmee.

I’ve always found pod coffee to be rather weak. Even the ones with options to make it “strong” (one of our friends has one of those) don’t provide enough flavour for me. I think the Nespresso pods are supposed to be better but I’ve not had the chance to sample, plus they’re expensive.

So as a rule I always travel with some packs of VIA. Didn’t need it on the Allure last week but used a lot of sticks when I was offsite in Kissimmee.
I'll see if I can order some with my groceries then.

Make sure you know what room your in. DVC rooms still do not have the pods. The reg rooms have the pods. I think you can have the kurig sub. I believe the water makes a huge difference on the taste. We had two locations on either end of toronto. Same machine same coffee brand
Totally differnt taste. One I would drink all day. The other couldnt touch.

Make sure you know what room your in. DVC rooms still do not have the pods. The reg rooms have the pods. I think you can have the kurig sub. I believe the water makes a huge difference on the taste. We had two locations on either end of toronto. Same machine same coffee brand
Totally differnt taste. One I would drink all day. The other couldnt touch.
Our last 2 trips have been DVC and we were hoping to bring our own coffee, but now that we are faced with the pods we are unsure.

I live with a coffee snob who absolutely needs his coffee first thing and the stuff in hotel rooms doesn't cut it. We have a travel size french press that we toss in the suitcase along with some coffee. We buy bottled water when we get wherever we're headed since that is a big part of the problem with coffee tasting "right" and then he's good to go. We also have a little electric coil thing to boil the water.
upload_2018-9-7_0-6-7.jpegupload_2018-9-7_0-7-57.jpeg

I live with a coffee snob who absolutely needs his coffee first thing and the stuff in hotel rooms doesn't cut it. We have a travel size french press that we toss in the suitcase along with some coffee. We buy bottled water when we get wherever we're headed since that is a big part of the problem with coffee tasting "right" and then he's good to go. We also have a little electric coil thing to boil the water.
View attachment 349080View attachment 349081
we have a french press, now I'll look for that coil. Thank you for a possibility.

we have a french press, now I'll look for that coil. Thank you for a possibility.
You'll find them in the camping section of places like Canadian Tire, Bed Bath & Beyond has them in the travel section ... lots on Amazon.

Called an Immersion Heater.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter