How would you plan your time?

taythecray

TinkerTaylor
Our trip to Disney World is weeks away but I'm already thinking about our May trip to Disneyland XD Wanting some input from you all about how much would be feasible to do during our first trip out to California! If we do ever go again it won't be for a very long while so we are trying to experience all that we can. 21 year old couple full of energy and wanting to get our moneys worth. The "issue" I'm basically trying to work around is our resort accommodations. We are staying out at Big Bear Lake which is a little farther out than I was hoping for, but it was free for us and looks beautiful so I am excited for it. Really just worried about all the driving. So here is what we have so far:

May 11: Flight arrives at LAX at 8:30am, check in isn't until 4:30 (7 at the latest) so we have this day pretty open (aside from the 2 hour drive to the lodge)
May 12: Relax day at lodge-may check out the little town and go shopping, wandering etc.
May 13: Disneyland?
May 14: Universal Studios (or tomorrow depending on how tired we are)
May 15:
May 16: Disneyland (or tomorrow depending on friend's schedule)
May 17:
May 18: Flight departs LAX at 5:30pm. Not sure how early we should get to the airport but we can choose to check out early (9am) and spend the day close or check out at the normal time (11am) and just have less time to wander :P

We definitely want a day in Hollywood to walk the boulevard, check out the museums/theatres and maybe do a short tour. We would also like to check out Universal while we're there (thank you HP world for opening in time) so I'm thinking a full day for that. Otherwise the only other thing we found that really piqued our interest was the Warner Bros Studio Tour. We will for sure do one day at Disneyland because we have a friend that works there as a CM and can get us in, but I'm debating on the second day. So basically I'm a lost puppy XD

Your actual drive drive time to Big Bear is almost 3 hours. Which is still not bad. Just be prepared, sometimes you can experience traffic going up and coming down. It is a winding road to get there. But it is very beautiful up there. And think about the traffic depending on when you plan on leaving big bear. But your schedule looks goods. It's to bad you couldn't come into Ontario which would have put you a little closer. But it is what it is. Enjoy it. I always panicked driving to Big Bear when it snowed.

May sure to get to the airport before the traffic starts picking up. I think your suppose to check in a couple hours before your flight. So leave enough room for that and turning your car in.

I would consider adding a couple of hotel/motel nights. You could do back to back Universal/Hollywood/LA with a stay in that area and back to back DLR days with a place in that area. It's going to be a minimum of 2 hours each way to and from Big Bear, so a relatively cheap place to stay buys you at least 4 hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter