How would you plan meals?!?

katyringo

DIS Veteran
Alright! I am just really curious what different Dis folks would do with our schedule and food for our trip. Just tell me how you would plan it! I'm thinking we will mostly stick to QS.. I just don't want to feel overly scheduled and I know there are some QS gems out there!

June 26-29

Monday: flight lands at 9am. Staying at Shades of Green. Going to Epcot.

This is our anniversary day. We have a special memory of eating at Teppan Edo our very first WDW trip so I am thinking of eating there. However, also debating no reservations and hitting up all the different flower and garden booths. I'm worried we will quickly be over standing in the food both lines.

Tuesday: Hollywood studios

This is the day I am unsure about. Nothing at HS really sticks out to us other than a ronto wrap of course. I do however want to go see the Riviera resort. How is the QS there?

Side note: if Disney would get rid of the 2pm park hopper I would give them more money. Would love to hop to Epcot this day to do more flower and garden booths, but not if I have to wait until 2pm.

Wednesday: Magic kingdom.

Pretty familiar with the options here, but what about at the surrounding resorts? This being an adult only trip this is our chance to be able to maneuver more easily around. What should a tried and true Disney fan try?

Thursday: no park. Disney Springs. Flight leaves at 5pm so probably leaving for the airport 130ish.

we are staying at shades I know they have onsite food options, but I would really like to try some Disney things. Thinking of walking over to the Polly for breakfast this morning. Tonga toast at capt. cooks? I've always wanted to try that..

Alright! I am just really curious what different Dis folks would do with our schedule and food for our trip. Just tell me how you would plan it! I'm thinking we will mostly stick to QS.. I just don't want to feel overly scheduled and I know there are some QS gems out there!

Utilize the walkup wait list feature on the app if you don’t want to feel overly scheduled but want to eat more than just QS. Same day ADRs are also a lot easier to get now that the cancellation policy changed to 2 hours. Lounges are another great option. These things are what we plan to do the second part of our trip.

June 26-29

Monday: flight lands at 9am. Staying at Shades of Green. Going to Epcot.

This is our anniversary day. We have a special memory of eating at Teppan Edo our very first WDW trip so I am thinking of eating there. However, also debating no reservations and hitting up all the different flower and garden booths. I'm worried we will quickly be over standing in the food both lines.

You’re going on a Monday, lines will not be an issue. Festival booth lines really only look ugly on holidays and weekends when the locals turn out. Personally I would do booths.

Tuesday: Hollywood studios

This is the day I am unsure about. Nothing at HS really sticks out to us other than a ronto wrap of course. I do however want to go see the Riviera resort. How is the QS there?

Riviera QS is one of the best on property and a quick Skyliner ride away. If you don’t want to leave the park do the Brown Derby lounge.

Pretty familiar with the options here, but what about at the surrounding resorts? This being an adult only trip this is our chance to be able to maneuver more easily around. What should a tried and true Disney fan try?

Since you’re at Shades, walk over to the Poly and get anything from Capt Cook’s, the Thai coconut meatballs are fantastic and so are the nachos. Tambu Lounge also has several things from Ohana off menu you can usually order after 4pm. Kona is a very easy walk up to get. So is GF Cafe over at the Grand Floridian and the QS there has the best mac and cheese. Steakhouse 71 lounge at the Contemporary has the awesome burger. Can also take the boat to WL and check out Geyser Point.

we are staying at shades I know they have onsite food options, but I would really like to try some Disney things. Thinking of walking over to the Polly for breakfast this morning. Tonga toast at capt. cooks? I've always wanted to try that..
Yeah, the only difference between the QS Tonga Toast at CC’s and the one at Kona is they don’t give you the strawberry sauce at the QS, which is why it’s cheaper.

I have never ever had any problems getting a day of ADR at WDW. It might not be at the "must do" places and it might be a tad later in the evening but I've always been able to get one. On your HS day you might also think about the Swan/Dolphin options. They have some pretty good options that you rarely need a reservation for. I agree with PP, lounges are your friend for walk up food. As far as hopping to Epcot for F&G booths, I do it at some point every single day of my trip (not just F&G but every festival). I either use them for my supper for snack on something sort of mid-morning that holds me over until I can hop.

We usually schedule one sit-down meal per day. It is usually lunch. We go to the parks fairly early in the morning, then we head off to lunch for around 1 pm. We go back to the resort to relax and head back out in the evening.

We are DVC members, so other meals we have in our room. Quick breakfast like yogurt or cereal. The biggest meal of the day is lunch, and we either do quick service or just soup and sandwiches in the villa.

We love Sanaa and Yak and Yeti for lunch, those two are our favorite for AK.

On Magic Kingdom days we like Kona Cafe and the Steak place at the Contemporary.

For Epcot it's Via Napoli, or Teppan Edo.

We don't care for the restaurants at Hollywood Studios, so we will hop to Epcot usually.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter