How will they handle this?

garada3

DIS Veteran
I will have 1 TS credit left but will be dining in a 2TS credit restaurant for my last WDW meal.

How will they handle the bill? Will it just be half of the meal cost?

Just wondering if anyone has experience with this...

I'm not sure you'll be able to do that. Could you possibly pay for another TS & save the credit so that you have enough credits for the 2TS meal?

Our situation was a little more complicated - we had 3 people with a split room reservation & had 3 TS credits on one card (not yet expired) & wanted to use 3 from our new card for a Signature meal. At Coral Reef we were not allowed to do that. They had us pay for one meal with 2 credits from the first card, but we had to put the other 2 meals on the room key & have the resort take care of it. It did work out in the end, but it was complicated (and embarassing at the restaurant).

If you have 2 guests dining and have 2 credits remaing you'll have to pay for one meal.

Ask when you get there, rules may change. MY GUESS is if you don't have enough credits to pay for one meal then the entire meal is out of pocket. If I have zero credits left I have to pay the menu price not the MYW Dining discounted price that Disney credits the restaurant so I wouldn't count on paying half the meal and in effect getting a discount on the OPP part of your meal.

I'd probably re-arrange my dining schedule so I'd have the necessary credits for the meal. I'm sure some CMs may work with, possibly even letting you get away with paying nothing out of pocket but I wouldn't count on it.

Just when I thought I've seen every creative idea.... :rotfl:

At least for the non-Disney restaurants the restaurants are credited with around $22-$25 /TS credit. I guess they could just take the total price of your meal including tax and 18% gratuity and give you the appropriate credit.

You'll probably be better off doing better planning.

I would just pay for one TS meal OOP then have the 2 credits for the signature dining. You would really hate to get there, them tell you that they can't split the cost (which I don't think they should) and then you'd have to pay OOP for all of it, and still have one TS left.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter