How wet is wet?

WDWNovice

Earning My Ears
To all you US/IOA experts out there ...

How wet is wet on the "water" rides at the two parks?

Jurassic Park River Adventure?
Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls?
Popeye & Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges?

are there any others I'm missing?

Are we talking SOAKING wet :rolleyes: here? or what?

I don't mind getting wet ... but our trip will be in December and I don't want to walk around soaked if there is a chill in the air.
Also, my Mom, who is going with me on this trip, is a "beauty parlor lady" and would NOT like if her hairdo got messed up! :D
(although I'd like to see it...lol)

Here's your basic answer:

JP:RA - Generally not wet at all, or if anything a little damp.
Popeye - You'd be better off to swim. A poncho won't help. It's like going in a washing machine.
Dudley - You may get soaked, you may come off almost dry! A poncho on this will help. Most water seems to come from directly in front of you during the last drop (over the front of the boat)

Some water effects are usually turned off during the winter months, but that really doesn't seem to change much. I'd bring some dry clothes, do all the water rides at once, and then change.

Jim

Ok, I'll post my take and give some hints on what to do, I'm sure other will have takes as well. I went in January and survived the cold water.

As you enter the park, most go around it clockwise hitting Hulk, Spiderman, Doom Drop, then on to Rip Saw Falls. That's the first water ride you will hit.

Rip Saw Falls - You go down a small hill under a train light and at the bottom of this hill, a wall of water splashes the person in the front of the boat. It actually comes from the left side, quite funny to watch when sitting in spots 2 and 3. Next is the big drop, you go thru a tunnel and then splash down. Your entire shirt will be wet, but the rest of your body is ok. After you leave this ride and walk around, your shirt will dry off. Hit JP next and come back to Popeye.

Jurassic Park - No problem here. The people in the front get a little bit misted. It looks worse than it is. Your shirt will be a little bit wet, but not as bad a Rip Saw falls.

Popeye - Guaranteed soaking. You must wear shoes on this ride, although on my last visit, many we're sneaking their shoes and socks into the middle compartment and getting away with it. Here's what you do. Right before you get on the ride, take off your shoes and socks, then put your shoes on without the socks. Make them into a ball, and when you get into the ride, put them into the middle compartment. Try to put your shoes in there too, but they may not let you. This way, your socks will stay dry. If you're a guy, you can take off your shirt and put it in the middle, but in December, you want to be wearing two t-shirts to stay warm. In the beginning of the ride, the boat fills completely with water soaking your feet if you don't lift them up. Keep your feet up thru the 1st part of the ride until you enter the tunnel. The water falls will soak your body completely and people up above will squirt you. The 2nd half of the ride is incredible. You go up a hill where the boat gets washed with more water, and then drop thru the most intense rapids. At the end of the ride, take your stuff out of the middle. If you did what I said, your shoes will be wet, but not soaked. Now put your socks back on, they're dry. The worst part about getting soaked is walking around in soggy shoes the rest of the day. You want to avoid this. If it's the summer time, and your shirt was in the middle, then it's dry and you put it back on. Otherwise you'll have on two wet t-shirts.

Bring a change of cloths and place it in the $5 lockers at the front of the park. Then you can go there and change after getting soaked.

There's a slight chance you could come off the ride without getting nailed, I went once and came off dry, but most of the time you're guaranteed to get soaked. The hairdo will definately get messed up. But you must do it, the ride is too good to pass up.

Robvia nailed it right down the center. Depending on the water flow on rip saw falls the drop after the train of thought will sometimes get seat 3 and 4. Ride ripsaw behind tall people in the front!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter