How well do the Brita filter water bottles work?

trainingupmy4princes

DIS Veteran
My family hates the taste of the Florida water.:crazy2: And with it being hot (we're leaving in a week) they need to stay hydrated. So if anyone has used these bottles were they worth it? Do these bottles work at making Florida water less smelly and more palatable?:confused3 I would love to be able to have the kids refill their bottles then to have to keep buying bottled in the parks. And I can't carry the 3 bottles times 7 of us around all day to order a few cases from a delivery service. :faint: This would mean more money for Dole Whips and Mickey ice cream.:thumbsup2

You can get free cups of ice water and the water is filtered so no Florida water taste :). We do use the Brita water bottles too. They really take the edge off Florida water taste. It doesn't get rid of the taste 100% but there is a vast improvement.

I think the Brita bottles get rid of all the taste. I honestly can't taste anything using the bottles. I kept reading on here that the free water at the CS places was fine and didn't need to be filtered. I can't remember which park it was in, but we got an ice water and I didn't run it thru the filter. I could still taste the yucky stuff (sorry, I'm writing this after working graveyard and can't think of a better word). It's not nearly as strong as the water fountains but IMHO it's still there.

I think the Brita bottles are the way to go. Usually we get ice at the CS and fill up at a water fountain. We usually take one (sometimes two) to the park and three of us share it. It's a squirt bottle so you don't have to put it in your mouth to drink it.

You can get free cups of ice water and the water is filtered so no Florida water taste :). We do use the Brita water bottles too. They really take the edge off Florida water taste. It doesn't get rid of the taste 100% but there is a vast improvement.

This is what we did and I thought the water was great! I tasted nothing when we asked for the water at the counter service restaurants. We used the Camelbak groove.

I love the Brita filter bottles! I keep them in my Owner's Locker along with extra filters so we always have them. For me, they make the water taste just fine and are super easy to carry in my Overland Donner bag. (and it is more convenient than standing in line at a CS place for water)

I've been reading a lot of reviews on different types of filtered water bottles. If you could advise of which style you used.... the squeezable one? Hard sided? Anyone have any experience with the Bobble or Camelbak? TIA

I've been reading a lot of reviews on different types of filtered water bottles. If you could advise of which style you used.... the squeezable one? Hard sided? Anyone have any experience with the Bobble or Camelbak? TIA

We use the Brita soft squeeze bottle. It's the one with the loop on it. I like the squeeze bottle becuase I think they're better for sharing. You don't have to put your mouth on the bottle or suck through anything. I like the convenience of the loop. We put a caribiner (probably not spelled right) on it and hook it to a belt loop or backpack strap. The only negative is you have to really tighten it down or it leaks around that loop. No big deal if you think to take the time to tighten it down good.

Have not tried the camelback. The bobbles have a narrow opening and it hard to get ice in it, but it works quite well! I stick with the Britta just because I can fit ice into it.

We used the soft sided Brita bottles and liked them. My DD3 drank out of hers a lot, which was good that we didn't have to bug her to drink. A few times I got a cup of ice water to put in the bottles. The really cold water was refreshing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter