How We Survived The Worst Disney Trip Ever - A Honeymoon TR - FINALE!!!!!

I feel so sad that the best holiday of your life turned out so sour :sad1:
You and your hubby definitely deserve a second honeymoon - I really hope you get to spend it at Disney feeling 150%.

Can't wait for the final installment xxx

Maybe this honeymoon trip was just a pump-fake and you guys will get to do it all over again and get the magical experirence you deserve.:hug:

OMG!! How torturous... this may not help, but you will appreciate the next ten trips that do turn out right. On a different note, have you ever thought of getting a degree in writing, journalism, English, etc.?? You're great. But, let me guess, the best part of all is.....you're pregnant?!?!.....thanks to this horrible, rainy, sickly and anything-else- negative honeymoon....lol.:rotfl: I've read from the beginning, and it is so sad. But I've enjoyed reading.

Nicole786: A redo of THIS trip?! No thank you!!! I will NEVER do a redo of this Sickly Honeymoon Adventure. Ugh. ;)

kaysmommie: Maybe she was having a bad day? Who knows?

DisneyJoo2008: Yeah......I wish we could go on a second honeymoon. It's funny, DH now calls every trip we take or want to take a "honeymoon" on accident, not a "vacation." It's cute. We'll always be taking honeymoons, I guess. :goodvibes

team weasel: Yeah, I WISH this TR was a fake!!! But it really and truly did happen. BTW, I love love LOVE your TR...it is so hilarious. You're one of the Trip Reporters on here that I look up to...what I aspire to be....sigh, we can dream, right? :laughing:

PoshMom: If I had a nickle for every time someone told me, "Have you ever thought about a degree in writing, etc?" I wouldn't NEED to work! LOL. Actually I have. I have been writing stories and tidbits here and there (like this TR) since I was a kid. But I've never been motivated enough to get published. Maybe now that I am unemployed, I have no excuse? I wish I could write DISNEY books, like The Kingdom Keepers!

FluffyPants: You shan't wait long, Fluf. :thumbsup2

Awww - sorry to read about your final three days at Disney. Sounds like a pretty miserable couple of days - for you at least. Nice dream though with getting to ride Soarin'! Looking forward to your final installment. :)

Nicole786:
team weasel: Yeah, I WISH this TR was a fake!!! But it really and truly did happen. BTW, I love love LOVE your TR...it is so hilarious. You're one of the Trip Reporters on here that I look up to...what I aspire to be....sigh, we can dream, right? :laughing:

Awww - I wish I could take credit...but that's Buzz's trip report in my siggie. I'm pimping him out.:cool2:

I just found your trip report (I'm going back to read about how you got engaged..:) ). I'm so sorry you had such a rough time! And that waitress should have acted like she gave a darn about her customers. Sheesh. You took lovely pictures and you and your hubby are just adorable!

When we got to the airport, we found out our flight was delayed a couple hours. DH looked defeated. He had to go to work the next morning, and I felt bad. We ate at an Outback in the airport. I had beer. It never tasted so good.

Outback??!! I WORK there! :rotfl:

Man, I remember one time my mom got sick on vacay in WDW and I fet so bad for her because she wouldn't even attempt to do anything, she just stayed in bed. My dad, my niece, and I went to dinner and everything without her and it was very sad. I would not wish it on anyone and am SO sorry it happened to such a fantastic disney snob like you :hug: .

I hope the end gets better...

I can sure empathize with you. My DH and I had a horrible honeymoon too. We went to Acapulco, I got a horrible sunburn and then both of us got deathly sick. We were sick for 2-3 weeks upon returning home. BUT it has sure made us appreciate the good times and the wonderful trips we have had in the past 29 years since that horrible honeymoon. It sounds like the overall trip would have been wonderful for you if you hadn't been so ill. Take heart and plan another trip...it will end up being wonderful and everything you dream of! Also keep in mind you have a new hubby to make and share lots of new memories with.:lovestruc

PS I've sure enjoyed the TR! Thanks for sharing.

Time to post!! I'm so sorry you got sick on your honeymoon, that's just not right :headache: but i'm glad something good did come out of it, I just can't wait to hear what that good thing is, I think I have an idea though;)

I can relate to being sick on holiday, thank goodness it wasn't my honeymoon though, sorry :upsidedow In 2004 we did 5 days in disney (my first time staying on property!!YAY!!) and then a week on international drive, I got sooo sick, luckily it was after the disney portion. I went to the drugstore to get some cold medication made sure to buy daytime capsules, not nighttime, took one and was knocked out for the day! I mean knocked out. DH would try to wake me I would come to for a moment and then bam out like a light again, it was HORRIBLE, needless to say I didn't take those pills again. I live in Canada and I think the good ol' USA's drugs are a tad bit stronger than ours ;) I travel prepared now, I don't leave for any trip without my huge medic bag. So to sum up my long winded story, you're not alone, there are lots of us out there who had horrible experiences and hopefully we aren't bad people and either are you, just unlucky... although you did get alot of dreams and an AMAZING PROPOSAL-- made me cry-- so I think you are actually pretty lucky!!!:goodvibes

Time to post!! I'm so sorry you got sick on your honeymoon, that's just not right :headache: but i'm glad something good did come out of it, I just can't wait to hear what that good thing is, I think I have an idea though;)

I can relate to being sick on holiday, thank goodness it wasn't my honeymoon though, sorry :upsidedow In 2004 we did 5 days in disney (my first time staying on property!!YAY!!) and then a week on international drive, I got sooo sick, luckily it was after the disney portion. I went to the drugstore to get some cold medication made sure to buy daytime capsules, not nighttime, took one and was knocked out for the day! I mean knocked out. DH would try to wake me I would come to for a moment and then bam out like a light again, it was HORRIBLE, needless to say I didn't take those pills again. I live in Canada and I think the good ol' USA's drugs are a tad bit stronger than ours ;) I travel prepared now, I don't leave for any trip without my huge medic bag. So to sum up my long winded story, you're not alone, there are lots of us out there who had horrible experiences and hopefully we aren't bad people and either are you, just unlucky... although you did get alot of dreams and an AMAZING PROPOSAL-- made me cry-- so I think you are actually pretty lucky!!!:goodvibes

hahah...thats funny that you think american over the counter drugs are stronger than canadian drugs. We were vacationing in northern ontario two summers ago and I had an allerigic reaction to mosquito bites. My entire face was swollen. DH had to go up to the general store to buy me the Canadian version of benedryl...i took one dose and it knocked me out the whole day. Of course American benedryl makes me sleepy but I do not remember sleeping the whole day with it before.

Hmm I guess its a holiday thing -- drugs hit you harder when you are relaxing!!:rotfl:

I think you've given away your surprise with your ticker!!

:cloud9: :banana: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!:banana: :cloud9:

There's a greek saying, translated, "Happy is the bride on whom the rain falls." The idea is that when a marriage starts off with a challenge to your fantasies or hopes and dreams, it gives you:
--- a chance to practice weathering the storm (no pun intended) and disappointment together
--- a great reason to plan a future event (like a 2nd honeymoon/1 year anniversary trip??!?) and
--- a fun and useful story to share with future generations and encourage others when "stuff" happens!

Think of that: You're a young couple but through this, you've gained some new wisdom to share! :cutie:

Looking forward to reading more! :)

There's a greek saying, translated, "Happy is the bride on whom the rain falls." The idea is that when a marriage starts off with a challenge to your fantasies or hopes and dreams, it gives you:
--- a chance to practice weathering the storm (no pun intended) and disappointment together
--- a great reason to plan a future event (like a 2nd honeymoon/1 year anniversary trip??!?) and
--- a fun and useful story to share with future generations and encourage others when "stuff" happens!

Think of that: You're a young couple but through this, you've gained some new wisdom to share! :cutie:

Looking forward to reading more! :)

That is such a beautiful way of looking at things!!:goodvibes

Lisa, this was very nice to post for Colleen!

And Colleen, this is great advice! You are young and have lots more trips in your future. A 2nd Honeymoon or 1 year Anniversary trips sounds like a great idea!

Thank you for sharing your trip with us even though it was not the happiest for you. I'm looking forward to hearing your "Very Last Installment". And I learned some things about UTI's that I never knew before or even how women typically get them. Ya learn something new every day!

Hope all is well with you!

team weasel: OK I have to admit I was a little confused when I noticed your name, but then I thought maybe Mr. Man Report got a different name because his boards were getting so ridiculously huge. Now it all makes sense! Sigh, I should no better than to think I could get contacted by a celebrity. ;)

pixiefairy: You're sweet! Thanks!! :flower3:

foodrocksluver: Cool! You work at Outback! Right now I could go for a bloomin' onion and a beer. Yum.

KarlaG4Kids: Thanks for your great advice, that was sweet! I have no doubt things will be better for us because of our Honeymoon Trials.

coconutsunshine: I like your name! Two things I love! I am meeting all kinds of Canadians on the DIS. :rolleyes1

k_reile: Sounds like we need a 60 Minutes expose on the differences of strength between Canadian and American OTC medications! Oh, and congratulations! :yay:

Lisa P.: More good advice...thank you. Yes I agree with your proverb...that's very true!! Thanks!

stagemomx3: I doubt we will ever get a 10-day trip like we did for our honeymoon. That was a once in a lifetime thing...and it was ruined! Boy I'm sure glad this TR is almost over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TKDisneylover: Yay thanks for all your kind words and support! Now, I think it's time for the Finale, don't you? ;)

I agree with some previous posters that you handled a bad situation well (kept going out and enjoying Disney, even though you felt bad) and it will make a great story, as well as benefit you in the long run. My DH and I have been married 22 years and have experienced highs, lows, loops, curves and dips. It often seems that the things you most look forward to don't quite work out the way you hoped, and some of the best moments are quiet, unplanned and unexpected. This was a great, though early lesson that you just ride the ride together, hold hands and wait for the good parts! I hope what your hinting at is what I think it is, for that, to me, is one of the greatest sources of happiness (and stress, and worry, too!) All life is sweet and sour, up and down. You just get through the bad parts and appreciate the good. My dh and I joke, when people ask us how long we have been married (22 years), we usually say something like "19 years of wedded bliss". This is our private joke that always makes us laugh.:goodvibes

I agree with some previous posters that you handled a bad situation well (kept going out and enjoying Disney, even though you felt bad) and it will make a great story, as well as benefit you in the long run. My DH and I have been married 22 years and have experienced highs, lows, loops, curves and dips. It often seems that the things you most look forward to don't quite work out the way you hoped, and some of the best moments are quiet, unplanned and unexpected. This was a great, though early lesson that you just ride the ride together, hold hands and wait for the good parts! I hope what your hinting at is what I think it is, for that, to me, is one of the greatest sources of happiness (and stress, and worry, too!) All life is sweet and sour, up and down. You just get through the bad parts and appreciate the good. My dh and I joke, when people ask us how long we have been married (22 years), we usually say something like "19 years of wedded bliss". This is our private joke that always makes us laugh.:goodvibes

Wow this is a great post...thank you...yes we have been "through the ringer" when it comes to our relationship, after starting to date around age 16 and I can't count how many times we fought, broke up, hung up on each other, etc....but something always kept us together, I think the longest we had ever been apart was a month! And we're all the better for it.

OK, OK, time for the finale!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter