How We Ate The World for Free. COMPLETED! #189 Our final food quest.

GASP! I was unaware of the mashed-potato change. No cream cheese mashed potatoes w/ the filet?? :headache: How can this be?

Thanks for all of the reviews!
Only sometimes, and mostly only at lunch. It's very sporadic at when they serve the sweet potatoes/cherry reduction and when they serve the cream cheese mashed potatoes/roasted garlic demi glace.

The server said it just depends on how the chefs feel that day on what they serve. :)
JENNNNYYYYYY!!!!!

Why are you doing this to me? Torment by Disney food?!?! AHHHH!!! Can't WAIT to go back now!!

1) I'm one of those "food-can't-touch-each-other" people too! (my parents think I'm weird!)

2) I'm a pretty picky eater, lol.

3) EXCELLENT reviews!! We're eating at only a few of the places that you did (i.e. CP for dinner, Italy restaurant for dinner, O'hana for breakfast, Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner, Mama Melrose's for dinner, and I believe Japan restaurant for dinner, along with the counter services. We're DEFINATELY going back to the Columbia Harbour House in MK, that was HUGE and DELICIOUS! :cloud9: )

I'll be hopping about this, as well as your TR.

p.s. off-topic...is anyone going to WDW August 15-21? See ya there!
:goodvibes

I finally got all caught up. Your reviews are great! We are eating at a lot of the same places when we go in June...can't wait for Raglan Road!! I am regretting the decision not to do Le Cellier, but there's always next time. I am also going to echo the thoughts of a lot of others about the way you write. I teach sophomores and if they could all write the way you can, I would be one very happy teacher! :goodvibes
Oh wow, thank you!

I am now putting my two cents in. LeCellier (or the Canadain restaurant as I call it) was the BEST. All I can say is YUM!!! Like Jenny said, I am not a big fan of steak, but that one melted in my mouth. I want another one. The salad good too, but next time I would skip the salad and save room for the steak. Jenny mentioned she did not finish her Creme Brulee, don't worry we didn't waste it. I ate hers too.

Like Jenny said not sure if we ate breakfast, I don't think we were hungry the whole trip. We ate so much it seemed like. We were always eating something. That evening after Epcot I think we went back to the resort and I got a pizza and Jenny got macroni and cheese kids meal.

Jenny I am loving reliving our trip through your reviews. Can't wait for more.
Yep, I think we might've done that. Can't quite remember though, and we didn't take pictures. Next time I'm taking pictures of EVERYTHING we do. :)

Enjoyed your review of Le Cellier - it does look pretty tasty and I like the idea of dipping the breadsticks into the cheese soup. Yum!!!

I'm so confused!!!:confused3 How do you get to eat for free?!?!? I've read this a few place and can't figure it out! lol someone fill me in!

Enjoyed your review of Le Cellier - it does look pretty tasty and I like the idea of dipping the breadsticks into the cheese soup. Yum!!!
Oh it was.

Like pretzels and cheese sauce except so much better. :goodvibes
I'm so confused!!!:confused3 How do you get to eat for free?!?!? I've read this a few place and can't figure it out! lol someone fill me in!

Free dining is for late August to late September. The offer comes out in April and you have to book then with a package at rack room rates. It's exactly like the DDP. You still get 1 CS, 1TS, and 1 snack.

You've done a great job with your reviews, I wish our next trip was a little longer so we could enjoy more restaurants.

Even though we had a late Epcot night the evening before, we still felt like hadn't seen everything. So we headed over there to finish as much up as we could. We were hungry by the time we got there, so we stopped at Electric Umbrella.

Me and my mom ordered a burger, fries, and a cheesecake.
47b7ce32b3127ccebde73ae06a620000002.jpg

I didn't take a picture of the burger. Anyways, it was hot and fresh. Tasty, just like all the other burgers we ate a Disney. No better, no worse. I'm so glad the sauce came on the side for the cheesecake. Anyways, I swear Disney has the best cheesecake, every one of them I had was delicious.

My dad got a burger, fries and fruitcup.
47b7ce32b3127ccebde727dc2ac80000002.jpg

He didn't want the fruit so I ate some of it. It was all cold, fresh and nice and sweet. I really loved the grapes.

All in all, will we be back? I'm not sure. Maybe in a couple trips from now, but I'd rathar focus on all the yummy CS places in the WS.

We finished everything at Epcot rathar quickly, so headed over to AK to finish that up also.

Animal Kingdom is so hot and makes me really cranky! So about halfway during our little trip there, I was completely exhausted and wanted to leave. My mom suggested we just sit down and have dinner at RFC to cool off and rest up a bit. I loved RFC last time we were there so I was up for it.

We ordered the big appetizer platter to start.
47b7ce32b3127ccebde7595cab470000002.jpg

47b7ce32b3127ccebde75e0feb8f0000002.jpg

Yum, this was good. It has calamari with marinara, chicken tenders with honey mustard, cheesy crab dip with chips and spicy chicken rolls. I really loved the calamari, it was tender not chewy. The crab dip could've been a little more flavorful but it was tasty. Everything was enjoyable.

Then my mom and I split the spicy BBQ chicken wrap.
47b7ce32b3127ccebde75791ab8d0000002.jpg

This was good, but I was so incredibly full by this point I only ate a couple bites. The chicken was tender.

My dad got the ribs.
47b7ce32b3127ccebde755fb2ad60000002.jpg

Oh these were heaven! I wish I was hungrier so I could've tasted more of them, they were delicious. The sauce was sweet and a tad spicy and the meat was ridiculously tender.

Absolutely no dessert, I already had a huge tummy ache.

All in all, will we be back? Yes, most definitely. We enjoyed it, and it was nice and simple for people like me.

We went back into the park after that and I felt much better. That night when we got back to the hotel I believe we ate some sundaes but I didn't take any pictures. They were amazing, as usual.

Coming up next...POP Pinnochio POP! Will it be pleasent or pitiful? Palatable or putrid? We'll just have to wait and seeee.

YUM! My husband loves ribs and those look so good! If you can believe this the last time we went to RFC we all ordered big salads for our meals (Cobb, chicken caesar...) Even meat loving, 'salad is not a meal' husband. I swear it's because Disney is so carb and protein heavy that even DH was craving veggies.:rotfl2:

YUM! My husband loves ribs and those look so good! If you can believe this the last time we went to RFC we all ordered big salads for our meals (Cobb, chicken caesar...) Even meat loving, 'salad is not a meal' husband. I swear it's because Disney is so carb and protein heavy that even DH was craving veggies.:rotfl2:
Oh, yum! Were they good? I love salads.

And I know whatcha mean, that's why I just had to have a fruit bowl. All that grease, and carbs were making me feel not so great.
awesome reviews...i am really enjoying them :thumbsup2
Thanks!
Mmmmmmmmm...party:
Exactly, like a party in your mouth. :p
Very good reviews. Well done! Thanks.
:goodvibes
You've done a great job with your reviews, I wish our next trip was a little longer so we could enjoy more restaurants.
Aww, well you'll just have to go more often then. ;)

Jenny I don't want to see your reviews come to an end. I love reading them and it's the first spot I hit when I come on the Dis boards. :thumbsup2 Love your stuff!

hey jenny! i've been reading along with your reviews...and i have to say the thing that looks the MOST delicious are those breadsticks from POP!!!! haha.
I looove breadsticks!!

I love RFC!!!! I went to the one in Niagara Falls on the weekend and I reminded me of WDW!!

Your reviews are GREAT and making me really want to branch out and try new things (other than chicken fingers or quesadillas) when i go in August!!

And I know whatcha mean, that's why I just had to have a fruit bowl. All that grease, and carbs were making me feel not so great.

I agree!::yes::
We carried little bags of carrot sticks in the park and when we went back to our room about half of them would be gone. That way we could eat lots of grease and still get our veggies.:thumbsup2

Great update!popcorn::

YAYY I found an update!! I love the RFC as well (although my family is kinda tired of it by now!!) because of the nummy food and the AMAZING atmosphere. We've eaten at the one closest to us (about 1 hr-1.5 hrs away) and the one at DTD's Marketplace, but not the AK one. Can't wait for more, and so sad to see this come close to an end!! (Now I'LL be writing a TR, maybe a dining report, after MY trip!!)

Oh, yum! Were they good? I love salads.

They were really good DH and I had the cobb and oldest DD has the chicken caesar. The salads were HUGE, I wish I could have eaten more because it was yummy. DH is a big eater and he and I could have easily split one and DD barely made a dent in hers. So if you go for a salad next time you and your mom can easily split one.

Jenny I don't want to see your reviews come to an end. I love reading them and it's the first spot I hit when I come on the Dis boards. :thumbsup2 Love your stuff!
Wow, I'm flattered! :blush: Thanks!
hey jenny! i've been reading along with your reviews...and i have to say the thing that looks the MOST delicious are those breadsticks from POP!!!! haha.
I looove breadsticks!!

I love RFC!!!! I went to the one in Niagara Falls on the weekend and I reminded me of WDW!!

Your reviews are GREAT and making me really want to branch out and try new things (other than chicken fingers or quesadillas) when i go in August!!
I agree, we really enjoy RFC.
I agree!::yes::
We carried little bags of carrot sticks in the park and when we went back to our room about half of them would be gone. That way we could eat lots of grease and still get our veggies.:thumbsup2

Great update!popcorn::
Great idea!
Jenny your reviews are great, thanks so much for sharing with us :)
Thanks, DisneyJo.
YAYY I found an update!! I love the RFC as well (although my family is kinda tired of it by now!!) because of the nummy food and the AMAZING atmosphere. We've eaten at the one closest to us (about 1 hr-1.5 hrs away) and the one at DTD's Marketplace, but not the AK one. Can't wait for more, and so sad to see this come close to an end!! (Now I'LL be writing a TR, maybe a dining report, after MY trip!!)
Yay, I'll be looking out for your TR when you come back!
They were really good DH and I had the cobb and oldest DD has the chicken caesar. The salads were HUGE, I wish I could have eaten more because it was yummy. DH is a big eater and he and I could have easily split one and DD barely made a dent in hers. So if you go for a salad next time you and your mom can easily split one.
Thanks, they sound delicious.

Enjoyed your latest update as always. Dumb question alert - which counter do you get the sundaes from at the Pop? I have never managed to find the ice cream yet!

Laur's princess:

Enjoyed your latest update as always. Dumb question alert - which counter do you get the sundaes from at the Pop? I have never managed to find the ice cream yet!

Laur's princess:
It's very easy to find. There's this little dessert counter with cheesecake, brownies, cake, etc. They also serve icecream sundaes, milkshakes. It's pretty much in front of the pathway from the foodcourt to giftshop.

If you come in through the flower pool entrance it to the far far left.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter