How Water Park Days Draw on Your Ticket?

Elias1901

Suitcase and a Dream
Just wondering something. We have a multi-day ticket on our hands and would like to visit at least one Disney Water Park (not sure what will happen to Typhoon Lagoon by then) on our upcoming vacation. First, I don't think you need any sort of reservations to go to a Disney Water Park, correct? As long as you have admission on your ticket, you just turn up? With the Park Pass system currently on our hands, I'm curious to know exactly how going to the water parks have in terms of draw on your overall ticket days. Say you have a day when you don't necessarily plan to visit one of the Disney Theme Parks and are only planning to visit a water park that day... if that is all you do (or that, and say, a round of mini-golf as it is included with our passes as well) does that remove a "day" from your available ticketed days overall? Or do the water parks kind of run as a seperate tangent to your ticket and have no effect on your park day usage and will remain the same until you actually visit your next Disney Theme Park? Just wanted to be clear on this as I didn't want a rude awakening and find out that we end up a day short in terms of visiting the parks because we went to a water park somewhere in the middle of our trip and it "spent" a day off of our tickets...

Thanks in advance!

Just wondering something. We have a multi-day ticket on our hands and would like to visit at least one Disney Water Park (not sure what will happen to Typhoon Lagoon by then) on our upcoming vacation. First, I don't think you need any sort of reservations to go to a Disney Water Park, correct? As long as you have admission on your ticket, you just turn up? With the Park Pass system currently on our hands, I'm curious to know exactly how going to the water parks have in terms of draw on your overall ticket days. Say you have a day when you don't necessarily plan to visit one of the Disney Theme Parks and are only planning to visit a water park that day... if that is all you do (or that, and say, a round of mini-golf as it is included with our passes as well) does that remove a "day" from your available ticketed days overall? Or do the water parks kind of run as a seperate tangent to your ticket and have no effect on your park day usage and will remain the same until you actually visit your next Disney Theme Park? Just wanted to be clear on this as I didn't want a rude awakening and find out that we end up a day short in terms of visiting the parks because we went to a water park somewhere in the middle of our trip and it "spent" a day off of our tickets...

Thanks in advance!

To gain access to the Water Parks you must have added either the 'Water Park and Sports' option to your ticket or the, 'Park Hopper Plus' option. Another option to look at cost wise is to purchase a separate water park ticket if you only intend to go to a water park 1 day.

If you purchase a 5 day ticket with either of these options you will have 5 days that you may access the water parks. Both pull from their unique buckets. Going to any of the 4 parks (one per day unless you have the Park Hopper option) pulls from your regular park ticket. Going to a water park pulls from the water park bucket.

Basically with a 5 day ticket with the Water Park and Sports options you can go to a park 5 days and a water park 5 days. If you go to both on the same day you will deplete each bucket by 1.

You may not go to a water park with just a regular park ticket. You need to pay the additional cost for the water park option.

With the Water Parks and Sports option added to a multi-day ticket, you get a certain number of "visits" to those venues. Each visit counts toward the total. If you go to a water park and play mini-golf in the same day, it counts as two visits. The ticket will expire a certain number of days after first use, which may be fewer days than the combined total of theme park days and water parks and sports visits that you have.

If my first ticket to the first park is 3/28 and I have 3 PH+ tickets. So, it says last day to use last ticket is 4/2. However, can I use one of my water park days on 3/27 or does that screw the range up?

If my first ticket to the first park is 3/28 and I have 3 PH+ tickets. So, it says last day to use last ticket is 4/2. However, can I use one of my water park days on 3/27 or does that screw the range up?
If you use your ticket to go to a WP on 3/27 the clock for your ticket starts then. I'm not even sure if you can use your ticket on 3/27 if you purchased it for 3/28. @Robo, are you able to help here? Thanks!

You would need to reset the start date of your ticket to use it on 3/27 and yes that would make it end one day sooner (4/1). If these are package tickets, I don’t know if you can adjust it to start early.

Like PP said, you are better off buying a single WP admission ticket for 3/27 instead of adding it to your package unless you intend on going more than one day.

Like PP said, you are better off buying a single WP admission ticket for 3/27 instead of adding it to your package unless you intend on going more than one day.
He/she already has a 3-day PH+, which includes 3 water parks and sports visits. He/she just wants to use one the day before the ticket's scheduled start date. In order to do so, he/she will need to change the starting date of his/her tickets to March 27, if possible and if that doesn't interfere with his/her plans on April 2. If it can't be changed, then a one-day water park ticket for March 27 is certainly an alternative.

Edit: My "he/she" refers to MMSM. The thread was begun by Elias1901. I'm not sure what his ticket situation is.

Last edited:
He/she already has a 3-day PH+, which includes 3 water parks and sports visits. He/she just wants to use one the day before the ticket's scheduled start date. In order to do so, he/she will need to change the starting date of his/her tickets to March 27, if possible and if that doesn't interfere with his/her plans on April 2. If it can't be changed, then a one-day water park ticket for March 27 is certainly an alternative.
That depends on who you're speaking of. The OP @Elias1901 indicated they have a 'multi-day ticket'. They do not indicate if they have PH+.

Later, another poster asked a question about their tickets and they do have PH+.

It really depends which person we're speaking of as each of them possibly have different ticket types. It's getting muddled. :)

That depends on who you're speaking of. The OP @Elias1901 indicated they have a 'multi-day ticket'. They do not indicate if they have PH+.

Later, another poster asked a question about their tickets and they do have PH+.

It really depends which person we're speaking of as each of them possibly have different ticket types. It's getting muddled. :)
Thanks for pointing that out. I edited my prior post.

Edit: Pigletgirl did refer to March 27, so we were both thinking of MMSM.

Last edited:

Our tickets are actually something called the “Ultimate Ticket” and are valid for 14 days of admission. They are not found on the US website. It does state that it includes both the Park Hopper option, as well as admission to the Disney Water Parks and Miniature Golf Courses.

Our tickets are actually something called the “Ultimate Ticket” and are valid for 14 days of admission. They are not found on the US website. It does state that it includes both the Park Hopper option, as well as admission to the Disney Water Parks and Miniature Golf Courses.
The 14-day Ultimate Ticket is good for admission to all parks and certain sports venues for 14 consecutive days. I think the key word is consecutive. It doesn't matter if you go to a theme park, a water park, both, or neither on any particular day. Once you've used your ticket, your 14 day period is counting down. At the end of the 14th day, your ticket will have expired.

Here's a link I found that says it is consecutive days: https://www.attractiontickets.com/e...y-world-resort/disneys-14-day-ultimate-ticket

Here's another: https://www.floridatix.com/park-tickets/disney-world/14-day-ultimate

Please disregard my earlier post (#5). I thought you had normal (U.S. and Canada) tickets.

Edit: added "sports venues".

Last edited:
Assuming this is the UK 14-day Ultimate Ticket -- it includes unlimited access (hopping) to the theme parks and water parks, plus mini-golf, Oak Trail golf and ESPN WWoS. It expires 14 days from first use; not necessarily 14 days of park entries unless you enter a park each of the 14 days in a row.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter